All reviews great place crawford notch new hampshire colleen dog lincoln winter cottage
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I love this place. I stay here whenever I am hiking in the area -- and even when I'm hiking about a 15 minute drive away. The owners are FANTASTIC - the person who wrote that Paul is "cold" doesn't know that he is simply "shy" - had she made an effort, she'd find that he's an incredibly warm motel keeper with infinite recommendations about good places to eat, etc.
This place is ALWAYS clean and quaint - much more than a motel. I initially found it when looking for a place for me and my cat to stay but ended up finding a lovely hidden gem in the White Mountains, and I stay here whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: clean, modest, quaint
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank k10387
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Had another great stay at Johnson ! Took new family up to see New Hampshire mts! They loved and they loved Johnson so did their dogs they plan on coming back this winter cottages are cute and very clean . Nice time of year cause no bugs to bite u all happy with gifts from sweet owners

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank susan s
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Where can I start? If you decide to get into the hospitality business, the first quality you need is friendliness! The owner (the husband) was very stand offish and very cold at best if not rude. Did not say hello unless you spoke to him. In fact he went out of his way to ignore us. One would think he was doing us a favor to let us stay at his motel. We were paying clients for crying out loud!!! A very cold and unwelcoming reception is what we got. Needless to say, we aren't coming back. The room smelled of Dog pee, no AC, the beds were as hard as a brick and we woke up with strange bites upon inspection of the mattress , i saw a couple of live BEDBUGS and bloody splotches on the sheets so we left the next day. The general cleanliness left alot to be desired! A total waste of money! First thing I did upon getting home was nuke our clothes to get rid of any bugs we might have picked up. Staying at this place was horrendous. Simply horrendous

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Pixiedug
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Johnson's Motel and Cottages is about 8 minutes from the Zealand Road, which we took to the Zealand trailhead to park for our backpacking trip. You couldn't be closer, unless you stayed at the Zealand campsite. We called several places in the area, which all sounded more or less the same, but it was Colleen (the owner/manager) who sold us to select Johnson's. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable - and flexible - working with us on dates because the weather was so unpredictable. She recommended great places to eat and shop, giving us detailed instructions. She and her husband were very hospitable and they made us feel very comfortable. We stayed in the Kory cottage, which was open spaced one room with sitting area, a full kitchen, cable TV, and screened in porch with chairs/table. It was big enough for us and all our gear, cooking dinner and breakfast in. While our stay was short - only one night - it was quite pleasant. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The Kory cottage worked out perfectly for us. Even though the other cottages were full next to us, we didn't hear them.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMingus
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I had a pleasant one night stay. The rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable. They are nothing fancy - just good, basic, budget accomodations. The wifi is spotty. They get several cable TV channels.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo