“Wine isn't just for California...”

Walpole Mountain View Winery
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Walpole
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I've always loved Walpole as my grandparents lived there, but as an adult coming back to visit with my family, I wondered what type of activities would be available. The winery came highly recommended by 2 family members and I'm glad I listened. I've done California and Oregon wine country before, so I was hesitant about New Hampshire wine. The views were spectacular and the wine tasting was shockingly delicious! This winery gives us NH born folks something to be proud of. One thing that was most impressive to me, was that this is an estate winery and they only use their own harvest to make their wines, no grapes are brought in from other areas. I ended up buying the La Crosse and the 1761 Walpole wines. It was hard to pick which wines to buy because they were all so unique and also very well priced. Depending on your state, they can also ship cases to you. If you are ever in Southern NH or VT...this is worth the trip.

2  Thank Caleb D
in 2 reviews
"beautiful setting"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We just loved our visit. What fun! I was really surprised at the variety of wines available and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Choose the wines you wish to sample and rather than hanging out at the tasting bar as is often the case, you watch a short movie about the winery and then are brought to the beautiful porch wit great views of the area. They bring you samples in a sampling board (similar to a beer flight) you get to sample at your leisure and get to choose the glass (stemmed or stemless) that you wish to use. The porch area is very social and we got to talk and laugh with other visitors. Gift shop is super nice and they wrap your bottles up beautifully. Such a fun time!

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were out driving and saw the signs for the winery. On a whim we decided to follow them and were pleasantly surprised. The drive brought us through the rolling hills of Walpole. Great scenery consisting of old NE farms. The vineyard was fogged in but what we could see was beautiful. They had a great set up for choosing your wines for tasting and a beautiful, rustic room for the tasting. This was so much more comfortable than standing up at a bar to taste the wine as some wineries have you do. The wine was delicious. You had the option of adding food items to your tasting if you wished. We are definitely going back during the growing season and preferably on a sunny day! I hear a trip to Burdicks (Chocolatier & restaurant) in town is also worth a visit.

1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The beautiful setting of Walpole Mountain View Winery overlooking its own Barnett Hill Vineyard allows every visitor an expansive view of both New Hampshire and Vermont along the Connecticut River. The estate grown grapes are made into the many varieties of white, red and rosé wines sure to please any palate. And best of all, it happens right here with the talented and creative skills of vintner, Virginia and family. Enjoy the comfortable tasting room, friendly staff, locally made gifts in addition to all the tasty wines. Be sure to plan your repeat visit!! Oh, did I mention the attractive gift wrapping that is provided gratis. If it sounds like I am a repeat customer, you are correct!!

2  Thank Judy L
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2016

This was unplanned visit. We followed signs from Walpole, NH to the top of a mountain. The views must be gorgeous when not rainy as it was for us but we enjoyed our visit - picking out 6 wines to taste and then enjoying the tastings on a covered, heated deck. You could buy cheese and crackers and make it a party. The wines are all made on site from their own grapes - many more than 6 options, from dry to sweet, white to red. We plan to return when it's sunny sometime!

2  Thank Vt_folks