All reviews jack o lantern golf course bedroom condo complete family nearby attractions fully equipped kitchen great amenities continental breakfast screened in porch indoor pool units lincoln hairdryer fall
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We had a few problems with our room. Management astonished us by upgrading us to a 3 bedroom condo at no additional charge! We experienced a true honeymoon feel - it was wonderful! Found other golfers to pair with and the course was better than we'd anticipated. We traveled the beautiful Kangamangus Highway, spent an afternoon at Clark's Trading Post, and dined at the fabulous Woodstock Brewery several times. Relaxed evenings in the resort hot-tub. Also enjoyed a game of golf at the nearby Owl's Nest. My ONLY let down was the continental breakfast. It really was lacking. The staff was wonderful. Although we are an older couple I would also recommend Jack O'Lantern for families. Pools, comfort and so many nearby attractions.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

My family and I have been staying here for the past 3 or 4 years every summer. There are always some small complaints to be made, but this year was crazy! The condo we were in was dirty and just aggravating. The AC in my bedroom did not work at all , it would turn on but nothing ever got cool. So why not just open the windows? Cause there are no screens in them!! I slept for almost 2 days straight when I got home because of pure exhaustion from not getting any sleep from it being SO muggy and humid in the upstairs bedroom. How relaxing NOT.
The indoor pool is freezing cold, and the hot tub was luke warm at best. Seriously, the little shower they have near the pool to rinse off puts out hotter water than the hot tub does!
For several days, we had some Russian speaking woman standing outside our screened in porch for long periods of time while talking and face timing with her boyfriend I assume? It was clear she didn't want her family to see her.
We tried making pizza in the oven, that was a mistake. Black smoke and a burnt smell. My aunt had a bad asthma attack. We had to call the office and ask them to tell the housekeeping staff to please CLEAN the stove. Hmm.. maybe clean the units BEFORE you rent them?! Make sure the AC's work? Seems like common sense if you want to keep customers coming back.
The moldy shower head in the downstairs bathroom was a real treat too!
I have liked staying here in the past. But this year was a real eye opener.
I wish I could find more positive things to say, but I really don't this year. If it was clean and things worked like they should have, it would have been a wonderful stay. Shouldn't have to deal with so many broken / dirty things while on vacation!!

Date of stay: July 2017
3  Thank tracylee1109
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Our family members got together for a fall foliage get-a-way over the October 10th holiday period. We rented a condominium unit that sleeps eight. All of the units we saw were duplexes with ground floor private entrances.This unit is a very short walk from the resort's recreation building and also from the resort's golf course pro shop. We could have rented through the resort's office, but went directly to the unit owner. We did this because we had rented this unit in March for our 50th anniversary. We have been delighted both times. I played golf on all five days, and my wife and a daughter joined in on a couple of them. The 18 hole course was in great shape and the course personnel were very accommodating. The course is an older design, with plenty of doglegs, the Pemigewasset River alongside many holes, and a welcomed seclusion. Pro shop prices were modest. The greens fees and cart fees were likewise. The Woodstock Inn, close by, is an incredible attraction for great food and brew in a casual atmosphere. There are many other nearby attractions of various categories. The scenery is inspiring. We hope to make this an annual outing.

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and had plenty of room. Just like being in your own home.
Was clean, comfortable and quiet. Priscilla and Maria were so nice to us and made the stay that much more enjoyable. From now own when we stay in NH, this will be our destination. Can't say enough great things about this resort...:)

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank davidhilman71
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at the resort for three years in a row. Our first (2014) year was great. Last year (2015) was ok. This year is not good. Each year we have stayed in a different unit. The unit this year had old, worn out appliances, outdated TVs with no remote controls, broken fins on the A/C, no wash cloths, no TV in the one bedroom. Just a disappointment based on the previous years. We have five more days to go and I look forward to be out of the condo instead of in it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
jackWoodstock, Manager at Jack O'Lantern Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

We will reach out to you today to move you to a better unit
And address your statements.
We have been so busy that laundry has not delivered wash cloths during stay.
We ll make sure they are delivered today . we apologize .