“Great Views of Bay”
Review of Bistro 14

Bistro 14
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 14 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 98 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Stop for lunch and sat out on the upstairs deck. We had good views of the bay. Our waitress was Julia , her first day, and she passed with flying colors. Pleasant, efficient, held conversation with us for appropriate length of time, and did check back with us several times to see if our orders were to our satisfaction and offered to refilled our drinks.
Two of the 4 people had the Bistro Burger, their signature dish. 8 oz hamburger , with melted cheese, french fries, cole slaw, and curly shoestring onion rings. Quite delicious. The others had Cesar Salad with chicken and the crab cake sandwich. Both were reported as good tasting.
The menu was extensive and when we come back it will be for dinner.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We sat on the deck overlooking the bay to have lunch. We just ordered cheeseburgers so how can you mess that up? Waitress took order and it took awhile for the food. You can see our waitress hanging with other servers chatting on cells. Ok finally she came and brought our food, never asked to refill drinks. No cheese on cheese burgers, fries cold! Bit into burger it was frozen in center and bleeding! The waitress never came out to check on us we had to ask another for help! Finally got check we asked for change. She gives us all big bills and one dollar back! Ok then I good tip for her! Sometimes we still give servers a good tip, but she did not deserve a big one. Never go back again!

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Good fresh fish. The oyster shucker gave me a lesson in technique. The entrees are a little pricey for what you get, but the BYOB makes up for it. On a Saturday night when other places have an hour wait, you may be able to get in here because it's less well known. Some tables have lovely bay views.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Years ago, we went here fairly often, like every third week or so. Then the revolving door of owners started and that resulted in the revolving door of chefs. Good seafood is not an easy cuisine to cook on a consistent basis. It has been a long time since good, but not great, seafood has been served here. There is an old saying in the restaurant business ... The owner does not eat his own food.
We only go here when friends insist.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Maybe this was an isolated experience, but we're in no rush to return! We have eaten at Bistro 14 in the past and enjoyed it. This time, however, our waiter was somewhat clumsy all night - not physically, but he just never seemed comfortable in anything he did. That alone would never make for a bad night - the kid might just have been having a tough time, may still have been relatively new, etc. Absolutely nothing that we would hold against him or the restaurant itself. Having said that, though, another waiter who was taking care of a nearby table was simply obnoxious. We were seated at an outside table and this other waiter thought nothing of yelling downstairs to friends of his as to which door to use - "NO!! You have to use the doors right here...." pointing downward as he leaned directly over our table. Thankfully we had not yet been served any food, but we did have two glass of wine and an open bottle sitting right there on this small table for two. I politely said "excuse me, we're sitting right here" and the young man was clearly put off that I had the nerve to say anything.

Our meal was also a disappointment. Scallops and crab cakes - all very cool when they arrived. While tasty, the meal should have been hot and I think at $34 for scallops, perhaps there should be more than 5 or 6 of average size on the plate.

We did not complain at all to anyone, made no scene....just had our meal, enjoyed each other's company, laughed about some of what we were experiencing, and both stated it would be quite awhile before we return. In fact, it would likely take several positive recommendations from others before we will go back. It is a shame too because the restaurant is within blocks of my house and one I would have normally recommended to my renters. Now I won't and I will remove their menu from my guestbook. Our experience was bad enough that I would not want my renters to spend their vacation dollars on a potentially equally bad experience.