“Great seaside stop but be warned: not cheap despite the styrofoam”

Beach Haven Fishery
Ranked #57 of 98 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was our first time eating at BHF after many years vacationing on the island. The shrimp and lobster rolls were very good and the onion rings amazing! Great batter. I will say that the prices were unexpected given the low-rent decor and plastic utensils. I know seafood is not cheap, but they aren't doing anything special with it to justify what they're charging. Still, so long as you are prepared for the steep bill, this is worth coming to for lunch and grabbing something off of the sandwich section of the menu.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Clean establishment. Best place to buy FRESH seafood to take home and prepare. I haven't tried the restaurant but others say it is outstanding.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Tried to. Pass a piece of fried tilapia or some other type of fried flat fish as a piece of pan seared halibut. Who try to do that to their customers! Just awful.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I took the family here for our last big family night out. The food was delicious and it was very fresh. I am not a big fish eater nor is my wife however we both enjoyed our meals and this place was spot on! Definitely recommend and we will definitely return when we come back to LBI!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch with my mom. We both got salads and strangely, even though our salads alone were different prices, they were exactly the same once we added the fish to it. I didn't understand their approach here, but the lettuce by itself should cost way less before you add the fish. Fish is high quality and tastes fresh, but the salad price turns me away. I wish they would address that because if they did, I would come back. We do come here for fresh shrimp to cook ourselves and it is always very fresh!