“Stefano's Never Disappoints”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We joined friends for our annual dinner at Stefano's this week. We found the wait staff to be professional, attentive and knowledgeable as always. The food was delicious and flavorful. The menu is pretty consistent year after year with a few creative additions. Everyone in our party of six thoroughly enjoyed their meal. We will definitely return later this summer.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is a very popular LBI destination, so make reservations via Open Table on Stefano's website or via the app. Everything from the salads to the seafood selections were as fresh as fresh can be. The pastas and gravies were mouth-watering as were our entrees. When the restaurant is full, the ambient noise level is somewhat elevated, so conversation can be a bit difficult. Our server was knowledgeable, cheerful, and rendered warm efficient service throughout our meal. I wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Normally, we order takeout buckets from Stefano's. There is so much food in them that it lasts the two of us two 3 day weekends minimum. Normally, we order Seafood with Vodka over Linguine with extra sauce and extra Calamari, an ingredient that is not normally part of this meal.

We get the extra sauce since the pasta soaks the sauce up and by the time the whole bucket is devoured, the pasta has soaked almost all the sauce up.

But the food stays pretty much as it does when delivered on a plate in Stefano's dining room. There is plenty of Scallops, Shrimp and Crab. The Calamari adds to the mix. The only thing we add when serving is Sriracha to taste. The only addition to this recipe that I might make would be pan grilled yellow onions. We have tried adding those and the meal is even better, at least to our taste.

Stefano's has figured out how to cook seafood consistently. They start with ultra-fresh seafood and they never, ever overcook it. I have found that their linguine can be overcooked at times but I try to remember to tell them not to do that when I order.

Sometimes they give a half loaf of Italian bread with a takeout order and sometimes they don't.

All in all, Stefano's takeout buckets are the best high level seafood on LBI.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I live on the island year round and wait patiently for this one to open every season. We are always a little sad at the seasons end when they close. I have eaten and taken out food. The inside restaurant is very elegant and comfortable . And I have also ordered food to go the penne vodka seafood bucket is the best for entertaining. Or order it for a small crowd and have plenty for leftover this does not disappoint.

1  Thank Charmani
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We have been customers of California Grill for 20 years, but we have never been to Stefanos restaurant. We had recently heard good things about it, so I decided to take my wife for our anniversary. The food and service were good, however as beautiful as my wife is the scene out the window behind her is not. My view was a dumpster, trash cans, a broken door, boxes, and trash. This is not what you expect in a high end restaurant, I spoke with the manager as we were leaving, she said it was her fault and apologized. But my special night wasn't to special. The manager was given the opportunity to fix that, but she didn't therefore I found it necessary to share my experience.