“Great local spot!! Huge variety for a small spot. Perfect for a lunch date.”

Bernards Deli & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Bernards Deli & Cafe great cafe in a small town. good food, service that has been stepped up a notch
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I order from them about 10 times a month!

I work just down the street so its very convenient that they deliver.

My personal favorites are the Paninis( flat pressed sandwiches) and the blackened chicken sandwich.

My only gripe with them would be the pricing but then again this is Bernardsville everything is inflated. At least here you do get enough value for your money.

My only suggestion, I think instead of a bag of chips with sandwich they should include a cold salad perhaps or even French fries.

1  Thank Oscar M

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Good food and quantity at a fair price is a rarity in NJ. Courteous and caring staff. We always enjoy our visits there.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

This was the third time my husband and I stopped in the cute, inviting cafe in Bernardsville- and it will be our last. All three times the service was bad and actually this time it was horrible. Twenty two minutes after we were seated the waitress showed up for our drink order. Fifteen more minutes went by and still no drink. My husband asked the waitress if she would mind getting us our drinks and she looked at him as if he were asking her to give him a million dollars or something. She was overtly rude. She had someone else bring our drinks and never came back to our table. Keep in mind my husband just asked for our drinks- nicely- he was not rude. Someone else brought our food out and we had to ask the manager for our bill. No one ever, no not once, asked how our food was or if we needed anything. We are not poor nor are we dirty- not that those are excuses for a waitress being rude. Again, nothing is an excuse for bad service but for the record, We are white middle aged adults. This must be one of those places where only people who are perceived as locals are treated well- guess when our upper million dollar home in town is completed we will eat elsewhere.... Very very rude.

4  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We count on Bernard's Cafe for the quick, convenient, always yummy family meal that makes everyone happy. My teenagers love the crispy chicken wrap, the chicken milanese wrap, the chicken caesar wrap, the chicken parmesan and many other items on the menu. I love the salads and the eggplant parmesan. The menu is extensive and offers plenty of choice for any mood or diet. The service is good, friendly and prompt even when the cafe is full.

The cupcakes are to die for and after you have shared one with your loved ones and you get the bill, you may realize (as I have) it is roughly what you would have paid for your groceries to make the meal. Smile......that means you can do this once a week!

1  Thank amyruthk2016
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Love their sandwiches , especially the crab cake sandwich. Good is great and it's a nice casual place to go with the kids.