“Lovely in every way”

The Bernards Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bernards Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$28 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 202 & Quimby Lane
Transit: NJ Transit Train to Bernardsville, Peapack Line, station is across the street.
Description: Renowned for exquisite dining and an award-winning wine collection, the Bernards Inn offers two magnificent dining rooms - The Great Room and Conservatory - along with a warm, clubby piano bar featuring live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday. The fine dining restaurant features progressive American cuisine prepared under the direction of Executive Chef Todd Mark Miller and a 12,000-bottle wine collection from Wine Director Terri Baldwin.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We had a tasting menu dinner here (paired with wine) as part of our hotel package, and then breakfast the next day. The dinner was in an understated, elegant dining room with well-paced and smart service. It was relaxed, delicious and interesting all in one. I appreciated the server's knowledge of the wines that accompanied each course and this was one of the first times I actually felt comfortable doing the wine pairing with a tasting menu since I made it clear I couldn't consume the amounts of wine they usually pour with each course (even though they are proportioned to the tasting menu dishes) and the server had great communication with me in limiting the pours based on how I was feeling. Really pleasurable from start to finish.

Breakfast the next morning, while simpler, was nonetheless still composed of excellent fresh ingredients and happy service-oriented staff.

I would not hesitate to return for any meal!

1  Thank Anne C

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I really want to recomment this place. It's quiet, nice, good food, best service... Order the hamburguer they serve, you'll love it!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My wife and I had frequented the inn for meals, particularly breakfast, and while we found the white tablecloth and hotel silver service enjoyable the staff would almost always be lacking. The occasional mishap forgiven, there would more than not be a certain pomp to employees that we did not enjoy paying for the privilege of; especially at the Bernard's Inns rates.

In short, when we hosted our wedding rehearsal at the inn they had no trouble taking thousands of dollars from us. Local walk ins for a meal? We've had host staff giggle at us for not having a reservation.

I am confident you will be able to find a better accommodating hotel in the immediate area without the "air" of the Bernards Inn. After giving them multiple tries, we've settled on just that.

2  Thank michaeljmadalone
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to many fine dining restaurants over the past 25 plus years. But it is hard to top the Six Course Winter Tasting Menu at this outstanding restaurant. Every course of perfectly prepared and perfectly presented. The mixed flavors and highlighted spices offered an incredible experience. Creamy and zesty wild mushroom soup, tangy octopus, melt in your mouth scallops, a perfect petite fillet, three wonderful cheese selections and chocolate mousse for dessert. Can’t believe we ate all that but the attentive service and great presentation along with just the right time between courses, made the evening absolutely wonderful. Can’t wait to see the next season’s Tasting Menu.

1  Thank David O
Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you are looking for a premier dining experience this is the place. High end service from the time you enter. The food is some of the best you will ever have. This is certainly the place for any special occasion.

1  Thank Charles K