Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn
Rodeway Inn(Gloucester City)
US$81
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Budgen Inn and Suites(Mount Ephraim)
US$65
US$169
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Deptford(Deptford)
US$152
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Took this trip to see the Philadelphia Eagles home opener game. This was the only motel in town that even had a room so we couldn't back out of this reservation if we wanted to, and we DID want to. This was the most disgustingly dirty room i have ever had the misfortune to stay in! I don't mind if a building is old and the furnishings worn and dated, but filth is unacceptable. This room had not been "cleaned" in probably 20 years. The floor was so dirty that my socks were black from walking on it (see photo), there was absolutely no way we were going to bathe in that bathroom and we chose to sleep on top of the sheets with our clothes on because we had no idea if the bed had actually been changed. And underneath it all was this faint odor of garbage. This place should be closed down for health reasons. I've attached a few pictures of the dirt and disrepair but even they don't convey impact.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed G
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear Ed G.,

I am very sorry to hear that you were completely unsatisfied with the recent experience you had at our hotel. This is certainly not the type of stay that we wish for any of our guests to have and I apologize for the discomforts that you felt while you were here. We so appreciate that you've taken the time to reach out to us and I will address each of your remarks with the appropriate team members. Your absolute satisfaction at our hotel is our goal and we're hoping that you'll give us another chance to welcome you here during your next visit to the area. Our staff would love to be able to work to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while passing through. As other reviews have said this motel is not in the best state, the pool is closed, it's a bit grubby and the fixtures are falling off the wall. However, what do you expect when only paying $50 a night?

The welcome was friendly, they have loads of brochures in the lobby for local attractions. The bedding was fresh, the TV is large and has loads of channels, the rooms are large, with a small table and chairs, fridge and microwave. The wifi is also reasonably fast.

If you're not prepared to stay somewhere a little worse for wear then spend the extra money.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Dear Olivia Y.,

Thank you for trusting our Motel 6 hotel to provide you with excellent budget accommodations during your recent trip through the Brooklawn, NJ area. We appreciated the chance to have you here and love knowing that you received superb service upon your arrival here, and that you found your room to be a comfortable place to spend the night. It's our goal to provide a superb experience to all of our guests and we are glad to have your remarks to add to our page. If there's anything specific we can do to make your next stay here an even better one, please be sure to let us know about it at check-in. We value your complete satisfaction and look forward to being able to work hard to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Got there very late last night after a long journey, was greeted by a lady with maybe her daughter in the office (was maybe 11pm) got my room very quickly but when I went in all I could smell was stale smoke,so went to ask to be moved to a non smoking room to which the reply was "it is and have no other rooms" then a blank stare, made the most of it but then at 10:30 maid tried coming in, 11 manager come in saying I had to check out even though the website says 12, so checked out anyway, as I'm a tourist I asked reception if they had anything to see in the area I.e leaflets, he said "no" and as I was standing there I noticed some,thanks.. Have added some pics to show room

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern and bed comfort issues you describe. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in this motel. I think it was being used as a transient Hotel. Many of the people were there for extended periods of time. The nice thing was it was very quiet.

The condition of the rooms needs to be improved. Most of the towel racks were falling off the walls. The floors were dirty. The bathroom needs updating. There were holes in the wall, and the wall is peeling up in the bathroom. As you can see from the pictures, even the toilet paper racks were falling out of the walls. By hiring one simple maintenance person most of the hotel's problems can be fixed. I asked if there was a place I could print off of my boarding pass for the airplane, and they just said no. The front desk lady really provided no help or had no effort towards Finding Me a place to print my boarding pass. She had an "I don't care" attitude. I did not recommend staying here until they clean it up.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Doctor Ryan M.,

Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of welcoming you here during your recent trip to the area. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a quiet place to stay during your visit to Brooklawn. While we always appreciate knowing about the things that pleased our guests, we do always like to know about where we could have improved. I am sorry for the fact that there were a few maintenance issues in your room and I further apologize for the unprofessional way your inquiry was handled by a member of our team. We strive to please all of our guests and I am very glad to have your remarks, as we will be using them to improve the experience that future guests have here. I hope that you'll continue to choose Motel 6 hotels whenever you're traveling. Our brand is looking forward to working to earn 5-star ratings from you following your next stays at our hotels.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We awoke to loud banging on our room door at 8:30 am. We discovered it was a lady who seemed like she was drugs. My husband told her to go away and she returned a few minutes later. The second time she was talking about seeing Angels. We also noticed police patrolling the parking lot when we arrived the night before. There is bullet proof glass at the front desk. The toilet had dried up piss along the bottom of it. The floors were also filthy, after walking on it our feet were black.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Emz M

Dear Emz M.,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our Motel 6 during your recent trip to the Brooklawn area. I appreciate your review of our hotel and that you noted that we are continuously working with the local police department to ensure that we provide a safe and secure experience for all of our guests. That said, I am very sorry for the fact that you were disturbed by a female on our property and I sincerely apologize for the discomforts that this problem caused for you. I also apologize for the housekeeping deficiencies you observed during your stay here, and I'm sorry that our team members were not able to correct these issues while you were at our property. We are glad to have all of your remarks and I hope that you'll give us another chance to provide you with a superb experience during your next visit to the area. Our team would love to be able to welcome you back and work to earn a much higher rating from you following your next stay here.