“Nasty ...unkept...no maid service”

Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brooklawn
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Looks good from afar but the closer you look the dirtier it gets...the maid service consist of an older couple changing your towels if they remember....out of the 4 nights we stayed they missed out room 3 times...the one day the maid service did show up they did nothing more than take out the overflowing trash and change towels we had to go to the office for soap cups and complaints...the room was cheap...the decor was alright...beds and pillows kind of comfortable... definitely not up to motel 6 standards...total disappointment... would not recommend this hotel...the outside was. Much cleaner than the inside... office people were nice

Room Tip: Choose another cleaner motel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara C
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Tamara, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I've stayed at many Motel 6 properties that were fine, but this particular one was terrible. Roaches were in the bathroom, and the staff couldn't have cared less when I complained about it. They didn't honor my AARP discount or late checkout either. I was afraid to let my 8 year old son go in the pool fearing he'd catch a disease. It's rundown, staff is arrogant, and the entire property stinks from what they are cooking. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank greg s
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Greg S.,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your remarks and I would like to sincerely apologize for the fact that your experience here was not a wonderful one. Further, I'm sorry that you got the impression that our team members were not able or willing to assist you with your concerns. This is not the impression we want to give to any of our guests and I apologize. I hope that you'll give us another chance to offer you what is typically a good experience for guests at our property. We value all of your feedback and would like to able to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

An affordable room shouldn't mean infested. Immediately upon entering our room I saw several roaches crawling on the ground, next a fly few in front of me. I looked at the wall and more roaches were crawling on it. In the bathroom there was more flies. Last but not least there was a roach on the bed. We were able to get a different room that is clean. You hear everything from outside and your neighbors. I can handle that for the price point, but I hope management bombs our first room.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear Christina H.,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention while you were here and for allowing our team members to place you into a room that had been properly prepared for your arrival. We take all reports of pests very seriously and I sincerely apologize for the fact that you were disturbed by insects upon your initial arrival at our hotel. We will make certain that your remarks are received by our pest control team and I am very sorry for the discomforts that this issue caused for you. We, obviously, never want for this type of problem to occur, and I apologize that it did. We will continue to work to ensure that we're delivering a superb stay to each guest during every visit here. I hope that you'll allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back here during your next trip to the area. We would love to have the chance to provide you with a much better experience during your next stay here.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is a dirty, run down, awful looking place. The room had a bed and tv. The sheets were dirty. There were holes in the walls covered with awful spackle. Mold in the bathroom. I did not even stay....we ended up driving home instead. Tired but a much better decision. If I had not already prepaid for the room on a website, I would have complained to management. But it was late and the manager was not in until the following morning. The Motel 6 brand should be ASHAMED to have this as a brand motel. It definitely did not live up to the Motel 6 brand.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tamthajane
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear tamthajane,

I am very sorry to know that you were not comfortable with the accommodations you had at our Motel 6 hotel and I sincerely apologize for the fact that our team was not able to make you satisfied enough to stay the evening here. I'm sorry that you chose to drive home rather than spend the night at our hotel, as we would never want for any of our guests to feel this way about our property. We strive to offer travelers the best possible budget accommodations in the Brooklawn/Philadelphia area and I apologize that our hotel did not meet with any of your expectations. I hope that you'll continue to choose Motel 6 hotels when you're traveling; I know that our brand would love to have another chance to work to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Took this trip to see the Philadelphia Eagles home opener game. This was the only motel in town that even had a room so we couldn't back out of this reservation if we wanted to, and we DID want to. This was the most disgustingly dirty room i have ever had the misfortune to stay in! I don't mind if a building is old and the furnishings worn and dated, but filth is unacceptable. This room had not been "cleaned" in probably 20 years. The floor was so dirty that my socks were black from walking on it (see photo), there was absolutely no way we were going to bathe in that bathroom and we chose to sleep on top of the sheets with our clothes on because we had no idea if the bed had actually been changed. And underneath it all was this faint odor of garbage. This place should be closed down for health reasons. I've attached a few pictures of the dirt and disrepair but even they don't convey impact.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed G
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear Ed G.,

I am very sorry to hear that you were completely unsatisfied with the recent experience you had at our hotel. This is certainly not the type of stay that we wish for any of our guests to have and I apologize for the discomforts that you felt while you were here. We so appreciate that you've taken the time to reach out to us and I will address each of your remarks with the appropriate team members. Your absolute satisfaction at our hotel is our goal and we're hoping that you'll give us another chance to welcome you here during your next visit to the area. Our staff would love to be able to work to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Vikram Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklawn
10.1 km away
Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
#62 of 88 in Philadelphia
3.6 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Philadelphia - Bellmawr

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn? Share your experiences!