“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Peter Shields Inn quality cuisine bursts with freshness and creativity. The Peter Shields offers a la carte dining along with a four course chef’s tasting menu. Also expect to find weekly menu additions that incorporate fresh and innovative ingredients. The magnificent ocean views are the perfect scenery to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a memorable dining experience. In the summer months, outdoor dining is available on porches overlooking the ocean. The Inn also specializes in both casual & elegant ocean front weddings. For the absolute finest local and seasonal fare, Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is a favorite of residents and visitors to Cape May alike. Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room.
Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

we asked to move our first table because we could hear everything the couple next to us was saying. The second table was next to quieter people but still very close.

My Halibut was overcooked and dry and I only received 4 gnocchi! I understand food prices are skyrocketing but flour is cheap. For $45.00 you can add some more gnocchi to the dish.

Date of visit: April 2022
2  Thank Travel-brilliant
Write a reviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 28 March 2022

My wife and I have been here several times. Service is always the best and our dinners never disappoint. Our server tonight was incredible and was attentive without being intrusive. Love the menu and everything was perfect. Enjoyed the foie gras and sirloin while my wife enjoyed the salmon and crème brûlée. Favorite spot in Cape May.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

Extremely disappointing ! Have eaten here at least 4 times before and loved it. The restaurant has become a rip-off. Ridiculous prices for mediocre, small portion dishes. Smallest, most expensive oysters I have ever had. Asked for them without the cavier..same price ! Too expensive…won’t go back. $68 for a veal chop…too much

Date of visit: March 2022
2  Thank DennisC888
Reviewed 14 February 2022

In order to get this deal, everyone at the table had to get it. Having had gastric bypass surgery I didn’t think I could eat all that much. After practically begging, they corrected it for me. However, apparently I could’ve eaten what was offered after all. The beef tartare appetizer was the size of a quarter. One bite. The entrées were OK but not exceptional. I can’t eat desserts so that was not even an issue. On the plus side, the French onion soup was delicious but contained too much bread. Overall, it was not worth the money and obviously will never go back.

Date of visit: February 2022
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 9 January 2022

I took my girlfriend here on our first vacation together, a couple times more over a couple years, and then again the night after she said yes to the ring.

We held our wedding ceremony here this past December. It was a small group (about 30) to stay safe with the state of covid at the time, and I cannot recommend this venue enough for an intimate wedding. The staff went absolutely above and beyond to make the event a fantastic experience, and the food was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2021