“Always satisfies”

Union Park Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Park Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: n/a
Description: Across from the ocean, this elegant dining room serves classic American food with a special touch. Union Park Dining Room received New Jersey Monthly Magazine's 2005 thru 2016 Critics Choice Award as one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Working his magic behind the scenes, chef John Schatz has overseen the kitchens of some sophisticated eateries in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, including the former Maureen's in Cape May. The large, spacious dining rooms with their fireplaces, cherry & mahogany furniture & antique fixtures are romance personified. Settle in for a memorable meal. Private dining rooms available from 8 to 42 guests. Banquet Facilities: Located in the historic Hotel Macomber, union park dining room is available for both casual & elegant parties, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 130 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Went back for an early bird dinner before heading back and the meal was delicious. The beet salad is excellent with its blend of goat cheese and sunflower seeds and the lobster thrilled with its succulent buttery goodness. My friend and I usually get th same thing then argue which dessert is better- I love the profiteroles! She prefers the semifreda chocolate. You d code for yourself!
BYOB keeps this amazing place reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Liz M

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Loved going to the Union Park Dining Room. Food was delicious and the atmosphere was fun and festive. We did the early bird even though we got there late, the sweet waiter allowed us to go for the three course dinner.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank stardust4
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I hosted a small rehearsal dinner at Union Park recently and had a great experience. The food was outstanding, the service was first rate and the ambiance was wonderful. I often worry about the quality and consistency of meals at a larger gathering but our meals were uniformly excellent, and our guests included a bunch of foodies who are still raving about their meals. I thought the portions were appropriate as well. The head chef is very talented and both he and the manager were great to work with and deserving of the many awards they have won over the years. Along with many of our guests, I can't wait to return. Well done Union Park team!

2  Thank CMFan
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner for our anniversary here last Friday night. Our reservation was for 6:30pm and we were seated promptly at a very romantic table in the corner. The atmosphere was calm and wait staff very attentive. We were not rushed at all and yet felt that we were not forgotten either. The menu was extensive and making a decision was not easy. We didn't want to get too full before the main course. We decided to share an appetizer of tuna tartare while nibbling from a basket of warm dinner rolls. For an entree, I chose the filet mignon which came with flavorful mashed potatoes. It literally melted in my mouth like butter. Hubby chose a rib eye steak special which came with vegetables and potatoes. Again, a 10/10 on the flavor hit list! We also got a side of lump crab meat to share (didn't need it but we were celebrating so what the heck). For dessert, I picked the whiskey ganache and hubby got profiteroles. Beyond decadent! This dinner was one of the top 10 I've eaten in my entire life. I mean that sincerely. Over the course of the weekend, we talked to several locals who also agreed the food at Union Park is outstanding. Though somewhat expensive (it helps its a BYOB or your bill would be even higher) we feel it was worth every penny.

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 8 October 2017

When I rate restaurants I look at a few key aspects which I will explain. This would be excellent place if they can work on their high price plates.

Reservation: I used open table app and all went according to plan. No issues and no complaints. We were sat as soon as we walked in and received prompt service.

Menu: I like they offer a limited selection, smaller menu, which means easy for everyone. However, I would have liked to see a more diverse seafood selection given it is in Cape May NJ.

Food: The quality was superb. No complaints on the quality. Very good flavors and cooked to perfection. I had the baked oysters and rack of lamb. I enjoyed the oysters and lamb, but the lamb was so small for the price. My wife had the burrata cheese apptz and baked chicken. She liked the burrata but not what it came with. She enjoyed the chicken.

Price to quantity: While no one can argue the quality there is certainly a concern with the cost of some of the food vs the quantity. My lamb was four of the smallest I have ever seen when out to eat. They gave more potato hash to compensate for the lack of lamb. For what is charged there should be more lamb. Trust me when I say the taste is terrific. Just need to balance the price to quantity.

Service: Excellent Service, no issues at all. Great team work displayed.

Location: Great location close to many of the top ranks B&Bs and hotels on the ocean.

I recommend, but be aware of the high cost vs smaller portions.

1  Thank Brian D