“Good Food, Victorian Ambiance!”

Aleathea's Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 154 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Aleathea's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in season on the beachfront in Victorian Cape May. Plus, we have a beachfront patio where you can enjoy cocktails and light fare.
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Aleathea’s is housed in one of the grand Victorian hotels of Cape May. We were seated on the porch, with a wonderful view. We only wanted a light dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the menu choices, lots of dinner entrees and sandwiches, salads and burgers as well. The menu was creative and the food was delicious. Service was excellent. The only thing that prevented my giving a rating of 5 was the length of time it took for our easy order to be served. The waitress was very apologetic and upset as well, but she informed us that there was a large party in another room that the kitchen was dealing with. I don’t know if this is a common occurrence or not (I see another review commenting on this, maybe we were there the same evening???) but it certainly needs to be addressed by management. Other than that, everything was very good.

1  Thank SuzyQu15

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My mother and I were visiting Cape May this weekend and knew that we absolutely had to have dinner on the beautiful Victorian porch of Aleathea's Restaurant at the Inn of Cape May. We were both so impressed with the friendliness of every staff member that we encountered. Linda, the Woman that was hosting treated us like family and made us feel immediately welcomed. The Woman bartending at the porch window was so polite and charming and our Server was wonderful. Our meal of jumbo lump crab cakes was
delicious and plentiful. I am planning to return with my husband in the Fall. I highly recommend dining at this treasure.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

very nice place, a little pretentious, lots of phony customers, but great early-bird specials, though my beef carpaccio was like having an arugula salad, i never saw so much arugula even on an arugula salad!!! very good service, like an "old school" joint, but with drinks very reasonable.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We recently ate at Aleathea's Restaurant. We ordered salad appetizers and seafood dishes for the main course. Salads came out promptly. We waited 45+ minutes, frequently asking the waitress of the status of our main course. Apparently there was a banquet/party in another part of the restaurant and all the food orders were being prepared for the party, with smaller restaurant guests' orders to be filled once all the party dishes were served. It was not until we asked the waitress to cancel our dinner order and bring us a check for our salads that our meal arrived. The food is excellent, but it's our suggestion that you find out whether there is a party going on before you head over. This is very poor management of the kitchen! Our waitress was at her wit's end over the situation, but there was nothing that could be done until all party meals were prepared and served.....POOR MANAGEMENT!

2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant for breakfast. Lovely and charming decor, big tables with heavy, ornate chairs. Best omelet anywhere. Bacon was crispy and perfect. Dad had French toast which I tried... super cinnaminny (probably not a word but you get what I mean). Highly highly recommend.