“Great Prime Rib and Desserts Alone Worth Visit”
Review of The Merion Inn

The Merion Inn
Ranked #21 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Myself and two friends were craving Prime Rib. We read their menu and it was an option. We called to be sure that the prime rib would be available. As the name suggests you feel that you are walking into a dining room of an older establishment. There was a piano player at the bar and you could hear the music in the other rooms. The waitress was older and definitely had feelings about the food options. I chose the frozen lemon tart. Which was fantastic and despite my friends having their own servings of other options they were tasting mine. We had a bottle of wine and coffee . The bill with tip was $250.00. My friends had salads and I did not. Clearly, we were at the high end of dining as three couples at the table near us were splitting the check and it was $180.00. So you can go and not spend or fortune or go and splurge.

1  Thank joanz359

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and wonderful atmosphere! The menu offers a selection of foods to make everyone happy! Try the Merion potato cup as one of your sides!

2  Thank Renee G
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and wanted to go out to a nice place to eat. Looked at reviews and menus and decided to go to The Merion Inn, was not disappointed. Had the stuffed flounder with crab meat and my wife had the pork chop.
Fantastic desserts, great coffee. We were also surprised when we received a lit candle on a cup cake for our anniversary. We did not tell the waitress that it was our anniversary but only to a couple next to us. Will come back again.

1  Thank Pat I
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We spend time in Cape May every summer and always eat lots of seafood. The Merion however is always our stop for a great fillet. Always crowded but worth the wait.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Had dinner here our last night and the food was very good. My husband and I both had chicken (not seafood eaters) and it was really good and the portions were plenty. Definitely would recommend making a reservation.