“A hidden gem”

Add it.
Crumby Bakery Cafe
Ranked #11 of 16 Bakeries in Cherry Hill
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Crumby seems to be all the rage, or people's reaction when they hear the name is "huh? Crumby's is a charming little restaurant that greets you with cases filled with scrumptious looking (and tasting) pastries and other prepared foods. The day's offerings are posted on a chalkboard which, I imagine, changes daily. Many of the items are entrees fit for dinner although Crumby's is sadly open only for breakfast and lunch. I don't want to spoil the many surprises that await you there, but I can assure you you won't go away disappointed or hungry. The server is a delight and adds to the overall enjoyment. Crumby's is open limited hours, so check before you go.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

A friend mentioned Crumby's to me, that I should try it. I have driven past it many times, I thought it was a bakery. But, NO... this is so much more. Crumby is owned by the same husband and wife team that used to own Nonna's, on Berlin Rd in Cherry Hill. Their new location is right next door to their old location. The restaurant is small and cozy, with a nice French vibe. We sat down, the menu is written on a large blackboard. There were over 25 choices, one more interesting than the other, including quiche, seafood dishes, pot pies, salads, sandwiches, etc. We sat down and were immediately served a small bowl of soup, a plate with mozzarella cheese and pears poached in wine, a basket with home made bread and a tomato flat bread, a puff pastry with cheese and tomato sauce, and a small glass of a strawberry daiquiri, all included. Wow!! By the time I was finished with all of these goodies, I really didn't need my entree, but I'm glad I had it. I had a Chicken pot pie, so light and delicious. The other entree ordered was a tuna steak. Everything was so good, so well made. Our server was exceptional. She has worked with the owners at Nonna's, as well, for almost 20 years. I can't wait to go back!! Unfortunately, they are not opened for dinner, the hours are 10-6. So, there is plenty to have for a late breakfast, lunch or an early dinner! Don't miss it!!

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Many items that this chef prepares are yummy. There are always a few tasty delights before the entree such as soup and a tart. Often there is a small cocktail between one of the courses. It is just a lot of food. Plan on a to-go box.