“Fresh bowl of cream”

Arctic Freeze Creamery
Ranked #45 of 65 Restaurants in Collingswood
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Used to be my favorite place to get ice cream and well worth the wait to have it made in front of you. I have been going since they opened and used to love it. However when my husband and I went for the first time this Spring I was very disappointed. My ice cream was barely frozen with a very small amount of toppings. When I mentioned this to the staff member in charge, she was very defensive and completely dismissive with no apology. Not worth going back for a specialty bowl of cream.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Older home converted into ice cream parlor. Friendly service, but slow. I visited at 2:45pm on a Saturday afternoon in September during a stretch of beautiful 85 degree days and a community festival. Please tell me why you're understaffed? Each portion requires a few minutes preparation (Coldstone Creamery imitation) and only one teenage girl making up the ice cream orders? Shame on management, not the servers. This is New Jersey! we don't tolerate structurally slow service. On such a Saturday one would think the ownership would be prepared to rocknroll from the moment they flipped the open sign. As it is, I waited over 20 minutes as the poor girl slogged through a backlog of orders. The only saving grace, a second girl came on shift at 3. The ice cream is $6.54 (a neat 7.00 with tax), and as I'm composing this while I'm waiting I've yet to taste it ...wait for it...the ice cream is...still waiting...(turned out to be a full half hour) ... it's not good, flavors are weak and the rolling process seems to produce a chewy texture, maybe as it warms it will loosen. But horror of horrors, redi-whip cream? A half hour wait for an "artisan" product and then crapo product on top. Read my other reviews, I'm fair. Save your time and money and find a reliable old school ice cream shop.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Fresh Ice Cream custom made to your personal taste. The shop was clean, Fun with an extremely fun staff. All of the flavors are great and change with the seasons. Another great thing is that you can customize it any way you want. My co-workers and I loved it.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

After wanting to try this place all summer, our family of 6 finally ventured here after a high school football game. We were met with an overly exuberant employee practically yelling the "rules" of rolled ice cream, who actually was pretty friendly even though she was loud. She told us it was a 10 minute late which ended up being closer to 20 minutes. The wait would be worth it if the ice cream was delicious, but sadly it was not. Service was terrible since 3 of our 5 were made and then two cups "fell" behind other waiting customers and 5 people were then taken ahead of our remaining cups. We ended up skipping out and not having the final two ice cream cups made so it was a huge disappointment. Not worth the wait or money. We won't be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Too bad you can't get in if you have a physical disability. Although there's handicapped parking, there are 7 steps to get in and the top step is very high.
My friend was nice enough to get something for me but it would have been nice to see how it's done.