Review of IndeBlue Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: White Horse Pike
Transit: Just a few blocks from the Collingswood Patco station.
Description: Chef/Owner Rakesh's recipes, which range across many regions of India, have a depth of flavor that rewards the palate. At IndeBlue all the basics of quintessential Indian fare are available, Chef/Owner Rakesh is happy to adjust the heat level to accommodate more reticent palates. On the other hand, diners who are more accustomed to the vigor of spicy-hot and are acquainted in the world of Indian cuisine will also be delighted. IndeBlue offers an array of belly-warming but complex, authentic Indian fare while also offering fresh contemporary interpretations of classical Indian flavors. Perhaps most noticeable about IndeBlue is the value. Delicious, fresh Indian cuisine served by courteous staff in our beautiful modern dining room at affordable prices. Zagat rated and voted "Best of Philly" by Philadelphia Magazine, come and taste the difference. BYO and enjoy!
Reviewed 9 April 2017

If you don't like Indian food, this place will not make you a fan. HOWEVER, if you kinda like it and also like to try some new things, this is the place to go if you are in Philly. It goes without saying that the service and drinks were top notch. But the plates; HOLY COW (opps, maybe I shouldn't have said that, sorry). In all the plates we had there were subtle twists in flavor and presentation, all very Indian to me (who is not Indian). Order the Naan basket for a real treat and especially get the crispy spinach. This spectacular spinach app is way beyond my ability to describe, other than I never had anything like it - AND I DON'T LIKE SPINACH. Ya know, just do it.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

After dining here and getting take out for a few years, tonight's meal was really bad. The rice had no flavor and tasted metallic. The Baingan bharta had odd spices, was too spicy ( we ordered mild) and was not edible. Our Paneer dish had no flavor and way too much coriander. Again, no flavor.

As soon as we finished, we searched for other Indian places to eat in the future. One of our favorite cuisines but not here anymore.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I ate here twice within a week because it was that good. Some of the best makhani I've ever had. The chicken was so well done. The samosas were so good, I got an order to go with my leftovers. The rice was great. The crispy spinach app was so good that I want to learn how to make it for myself.

The only things I didn't like was the saag paneer and the veggie korma, both too bland in my opinion.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Almost at the verge of being home sick during a long stay in Philadelphia and having tried every kind of vegetarian food and surviving mostly on French fries last couple of days came this excellent culinary surprise which was beyond expectations right from starters like samosa, cauliflowers, spinach chats etc to all the main courses like Chana masala ( not in the menu but chef especially made it for us ), vegetable korma ,Aaloo gobi mutter and Daal Makhni etc and just when we had had enough , the host recommended this out of the world apple jalebi with fig ice cream .. the food is so tasty that you would like to be back again and again .. the ambience is great and if you happen to enjoy the classical India music than check the dates when they have musicians playing at their different locations on different days and it is so enthralling and relaxing .. a true stress buster .. it does not come better than this ...

1  Thank Rajesh S
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Best Indian restaurant I've been to. My colleague and I eat here every Tuesday night, when working in Philly, where you can enjoy soothing sitar and bongo music - only on Tuesdays. Most everything on menu is good. Spinach chaat is very good as are the lamb chop lollie-pops and the chicken skewers are good also. Oh, nice variety of naan bread also.

1  Thank Dvbath