“Yum”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2016

The octopus sushi was excellent as was the tuna. The eggplant appetizer is a must. Shrimp tempura is the go to dish for me. Our friend ordered the sukiyaki and raved.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Excellent sushi and soup.
Service is a little slow but perfection takes time.
Always a very friendly staff.
Parking is sometimes difficult to find.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Stopped by for dinner on our way to the Scottish Rite Theatre. The restaurant opens at 5:30 and a line of ready diners was there. No wonder. Sushi was wonderful. Service attentive. The restaurant is intimate -the low ceilings might be problematic for some tall diners.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I don't recall my first visit to Sagami, but it has been at least 30 years since, I first dined there. Dealing with executives from Subaru, it has always been my pleasure to introduce them to Sagami's. They always left with a contented smile on their faces, after enjoying authentic Japanese food. They usually made it their go to restaurant.
Our three sons grew up knowing that our family celebrations, meant going to Sagami for dinner. As director of the Haddonfield Japan Exchange, I always made it a point to take our guests there at least once during their visit.
I have, nor have any of my guests there had a less than excellent visit. The service is always friendly and interactive, the food is always fresh, and excellently prepared, the variety is outstanding. It is also a real plus to be able to bring your own sake, or beverage of choice. It can be a little loud at times, and it's always busy, but what would you expect from the best Japanese Restaurant in the area? Parking can be difficult at times.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I love everything about Sagami, from the atmosphere to of course, the food. Must admit, I've never been to Japan, but I felt like I was in an entirely different culture the moment I entered Sagami. I plan to return very soon.