“Our "go-to" eatery”

Dalton's Columbia Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My family has visited this local restaurant more times that I can count, for various occasions, be it just a quick bite to eat or a birthday or holiday (Mother's Day, especially) celebration. The staff is polite, friendly, and accommodating, particularly when we bring my mother-in-law, who is confined to a wheelchair. They always have the table waiting for us, so that the wheelchair fits in discreetly. The menu is varied with many entrees to pick from. The filet is always superb; juicy, tender and perfectly cooked. They also offer a variety of burgers (my son-in-law loves the Diablo burger), sandwiches, and lighter fare. Be sure to check the "Specials" board when you enter the establishment, but the server will also ramble them off for you too! The atmosphere is quaint and friendly and the fireplace is usually roaring in the colder weather! There is a bar, but it is separate from the dining area and has never been a distraction with our family gatherings. House wines and beer are very reasonably priced. Some other family favorites are the liverwurst platter, nachos, and the fried pickles! Be sure to check out this other "inn" located very near to the footbridge over the Delaware River. I hear they have bands there certain nights, too!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I had the ribs here and another time I had a burger. The burger was under cooked - I asked for medium well and received rare. The ribs were ok but way over sauced. Service was so-so. Average place for average eats.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Just moved to the area a couple weeks ago. We're having our kitchen re-done, so needed to find a local place to have some dinner. Read the reviews and gave it a try. Glad we did. Went on a quiet night, which was good, so we got to chat a bit with the waitress. Lots of "local folk" stopping in for a quick bite to eat and a drink.
Heard that on Thursday evenings they get quite busy as it is their "Prime Rib Special" night and on Sundays, they have live music - local singers & bands playing. The food was delicious and the portions very generous (we had plenty left over for our next evening's meal) We're planning to go back soon to catch some local talent and of course, on a Thursday night for some Prime Rib !

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We went with a group of 10 and had a good time. There were no problems trying seat that many people. The food is good with the chicken pot pie being what a lot of people stop in for. Service was good and the beers cold.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere - food was good - drinks were right on the money - clientele was very friendly - had a great time reminicing about my old neighborhood in New Jersey -