“I Give Humpty Jr's A Thumbs Up”
Review of Humpty Junior's

Humpty Junior's
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I first heard about this place through Instagram of all places. All the items they posted on the page looked appealing and delicious (obviously). Being they were a good hour away from where I live I wasn't going to check them out unless I was in the area. Had the chance to in December. During that visit I tried one of their West Coast Style Delaware Steaks (basically a cheesesteak). What made it west coast was it came with bacon, cheese, lettuce, mayo, tomato & onion. Had that along with a Mounds (as in the candy) shake. The sandwich was very good. The shake tasted just like a Mounds candy bar with the dark chocolate and all. While there they gave me an envelope that contained some sort of reward. It was good until the beginning of Feb. The envelope had to be opened in person by one of the staff members to be redeemable.

I had a chance to be out in the area again recently so I remembered to bring my envelope and stop in either for lunch or dinner. Made it in for lunch.

I saw that they were rated with the best burger in the county by NJ.com so I had to try it. They have grass fed & grain fed burgers. I went with the single, which comes on a potato roll with onions, pickles and ketchup. Cheese added another 50 cents. So I got mozzarella on mine. All their burgers come with fries and cole slaw. If you get the fountain soft drinks you get free refills.

OK! Taste test. I always go for the fries first. I don't like cold fries. They give you a huge portion an a metal tray (see pic). Skins are on them. Mine was a bit overcooked and not hot, so made it ok. As for the burger. It came on a standard size bun that you see in the stores. The burger was smaller than the bun. Not quite the size of a slider, but small. It was thick though. If it was a stand alone item it wouldn't be worth the price (my opinion). The burger was delicious however. Nicely cooked and flavorful. The onions enhanced it that much more. It was enjoyable. The cole slaw was average. Not bad, not great.

My envelope revealed that I got a free ice cream. Either cone or cup. I went for a cup and did the chocolate and vanilla swirl. Very good. Nice and creamy. Soft but thick.

The service was great. I don't know the name of the young lady that worked there, but she was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. When next I am in the area I will definitely stop back in..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Ice cream good. Large Portions. Food- Would you like a side saturated grease with your food? Owner Bob un-friendly and rude.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Humpty J, Owner at Humpty Junior's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

I’m very sorry if I was rude to you. Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stopped today and had the Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese, which came with Homestyle Fries and Slaw. Grilled cheese was great -- something different. Homestyle fries were cut thin and were crispy -- yay! Sometimes homestyle fries are a gamble. Humpty Junior's offers 50 flavors of milkshakes. I took my time before selecting #15 Creamsicle. I made an excellent choice. I almost ordered a second! Staff were friendly. If I'm ever in Columbia, NJ again, I'll be stopping at Humpty Junior's.

1  Thank mkdb
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Humpty Junior’s is a classic when it comes to fast food and shakes. For lunch my wife and I ordered the Fried Fish and Clam baskets with fries. They came out golden brown, crispy and tasty, although the large clams were a bit chewy. Overall we had a good Humpty Jr’s experience.

1  Thank MitchPhyllis65
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I visited here on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised on how great the food was. I had a organic chicken sandwich, sister had the fish and chips, husband had a Burger. I also had a chocolate malt Shake. This place was very busy and the food was definitely worth the wait. Give it a try you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank cbandit4u