“old time flavor and prices”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Whether you are a little kid or a little senior, Friendly's has an offering for you. Fresh ice cream and old time fountain favorites. Free soda fountain refills. Redolent of the old Howard Johnson's menu: fried clams, lobster roll, turkey w/ gravy, patty melts, sudaes in real sundae glasses! Cutesy plastic "baskets" for burger platters and fish and chips. Believe it or not, the clam chowder (New England) is one of the best. Booth, counter or table/chair seating. Run by kids but kitchen's short order cooks know their way.

1  Thank marlene k

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had the Vegetable Omelet and Sister Urs. Had the two-two-two (2 pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 bacon) with orange juice and coffee. It was great and service was quick. My coffee stayed full. It was obvious that this is popular with locals most customers were greeted by name. I understand it is a favorite of the convent residents as well.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

What a crazy place. Extremely unorganized. The staff makes it seem busier than it is. Took over 20 minutes after being seated for someone to take our food order, and we had our two young grandsons with us. Everything was slow and confused. Definitely not worth it just to get free ice cream for the kids. Eat somewhere else and just buy them some decent ice cream.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Before gluten free and kale smoothies, there were Jim Dandy sundaes. This young Little Leaguer remembers going to Friendly's decades ago after the game, win or lose. No, Jim Dandys are not organic or probiotic but they are good tasting. So last week shoving all my dietary concerns aside, I went to the Convent Station Friendly's restaurant for the Senior Dinner special and had a Jim Dandy for dessert. It tasted as good as ever. I'm looking forward to the once a year in August, Lobster Roll offering and I'll skip the wheat germ and antioxidant blueberries for that day.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite casual places. Just had fish and chips and it was great. The ice cream is super. Can't beat the senior deals. Burgers are good. Chicken meal is just right. Service is good and the wait for freshly cooked food is worth it.