“Wedding Reception”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I attended a wedding reception here and was impressed. The room was large and staff was friendly and efficient. The only problems that I noticed was during cocktail hour there was only 1 bartender who was completely overwhelmed. Having sympathy for her went only so far though... she was pretty unpleasant to all. Poured the drinks and then slammed the glasses on the bar every time. She didn’t get any friendlier inside the reception room later although the slamming stopped. There was also a long delay serving the meal but I think the kitchen got overwhelmed. Food was excellent ( steak and salmon). I would come back and try it for dinner. Lovely area.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The service was not great although the restaurant was barely crowded. There were maybe 10 tables full. The food was not really good and somewhat tasteless. I was very much not impressed.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our travels to Long Island have us returning to NJ just around dinner time. Since the Cranbury Inn is basically on the way home, we decided to try eating there. It was a hot night, and the porch looked inviting, so we got a table in front of the package store, and had the place to ourselves. (The other part of the porch has multiple tables, but we loved our location.) We have since revisited the restaurant (and porch) several other Saturday nights and would definitely recommend it. Some servers are more friendly that others, we had a young man named Benjamin? the first time, and he was spectacular. We have eaten an assortment of appetizers--Buffalo chicken wings, baked brie with raspberries YUM, stuffed mushrooms. We have also had entrees another night, I had the "Thanksgiving dinner" --and would do so again--and my husband had grilled chicken and rice that was very nice.
Coffee and crème brulee with the setting sun opposite our porch table is definitely a nice way to end the evening.

1  Thank RoadLessTravelledNJ
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Visited on a Saturday when a wedding was taking place.Service was terrible.
Took forever to get a simple salad and soups to the table.Prime rib was very fatty,
pork chops were overcooked and like shoe leather.
Very disappointed in the meal.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I was invited here to a friend's wedding. The place is full of history. The owners Tom and Gay gave us a private tour of the Inn. It was great to see the room where George Washington slept and the under ground tunnel. The food was good too for a wedding.

Been to Cranbury Inn? Share your experiences!