“Mother's Day Breakfast”
Review of Rustic Mill Diner

Rustic Mill Diner
Ranked #43 of 85 Restaurants in Cranford
Reviewed 14 May 2017

So we started out this Mother's day morning to another Diner that my mom and dad like for some reason, which will remain unmentioned and when we got there this always empty place was mobbed. I had 2 other local diners in mind- both of which I have enjoyed in the past and the 2nd one was also so packed that I decided to try my final choice which was Rustic Mill. While there were people outside we decided to walk in to see how long the wait was and we were told 15 minutes, as most of those waiting were much larger parties. Ten minutes later we were seated. For their most crowded day of the year the food was outstanding! Blueberry pancakes were loaded with plump fresh sweet blueberries and the accompanying bacon was perfectly crisp! Our 3 omelettes were also perfect, home fries cooked as ordered and a serving of very good Rye toast was placed in the center of the table. We were never rushed, our coffee was refilled and my check reflected extraordinary value! Even mom and dad are new fans!! Thanks for a very Happy Mother's day meal!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

While out of date, the restaurant gives perfectly average food and perfectly average service. Burgers are good though.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

The Rustic Mill deserves a better rating than it gets. Contrary to some reviews, all my experiences have been great. And I have been coming to the Rustic Mill on and off for twenty-five years.
I most recently took my daughter on a Sunday evening and once again had a good experience. She had a milkshake, loved it, I had the split pea soup which was delicious with croutons. We had cheese-steaks. Fries were hot. All pretty standard. Coffee was hot and fresh. That’s generally what I think of the Rustic Mill- they make a pretty standard dish no matter what you order.
Service was outstanding, Valerie I think her name was. Coffee refills, extra napkins, service with a smile.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I went there to meet someone and saw a few ants on the table by the window. Moved to another table and ants all by the window. From the outside, I wasn't sure what to make of it but tried it. The food was basic, I can make a better salad than they can. I told the cashier and she said that she will spray it again.....again? Seems they need an exterminator. She didn't seem she was thrilled because after I told her, she sat down and talked to another co-worker.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Although there are different variations, Chicken soup is a staple at most diners so if you order it and it's inedible you know the place sucks. When the other people in your party get their food and it's dried out and has no flavor you can pretty much say that you're never going back. The Rustic Mill is old and dingy and survives only because local kids & seniors go there and not on it's charm or good food. The food is awful/borderline gross and it definitely does NOT fit the description of a classic Jersey diner. If you are debating between The Rustic Mill and another place, RUN- don't walk to the other option. Even if you've heard it's as horrible as Rustic Mill the food can't be as bad and the decor can't be as unappealing as what you'll find at The Rustic Mill Diner.