“Nothing beats Makkoli Seafood Buffet”

Makkoli Seafood Buffet
Ranked #21 of 120 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is by far the best seafood buffet restaurant in East Brunswick. Serves wide varieties of sushis and other seafood. Serves good desserts too. A it pricey though, but I think its reasonable, because the foods are good.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Been here a couple of times. Delicious sushi and all kinds of Asian food. Very clean nice place. Very fresh and great variety. Service was very good. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Now I have to tell you. This is place that has a sushi buffet. One day I was hungry looking for a sushi place to grab a quick bite. I drove in and out of the small mini malls and I was getting very upset. Usually you can find a sushi in every corner in the north east.I was going to give up and all of a sudden a sign with the MAKKOLI name popped out like fireworks. I saw all you can eat than I saw sushi buffet it was a dream come true. I went and parked and walked in, it was light music in my head and angles singing. It is the best place for seafood buffet.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

When it comes to seafood, quality and freshness is paramount.
At Makkoli, we had mixed reviews. The tuna sashimi seemed a little suspect, but the salmon and whitefish were ok. If you like sushi though, then there's a whole side devoted to it, with generous availability of young ginger and wasabi - essential to the total enjoyment of sushi.
The steamed crab legs were a huge hit - diners were keeping an eye on the appearance of each refill. The tray emptied within minutes - this despite the restaurant only 30% full on a quiet Sunday evening.
The clams were popular too.
Fish and shellfish were fairly well-represented - sashimi, steamed, fried, and grilled - enough for Makkoli to deserve the seafood buffet label.
If you're looking for greens though - you would have to be satisfied with a conservative selection.
The dishes are a mix of Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
For afters, there is fresh fruit, cakes and ice cream. That night, the choices were matcha and vanilla which I found a little too sweet.
Fellow diners felt the cheesecake, the choc torte and what looked like a cream puff were worth a mention.
So, overall.....
Taste - pretty decent.
Variety - also pretty decent.
Service - fairly attentive.
Price/Value - $22.99 (but we had a coupon so we saved $3 per person which pushed the value up a notch!)

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Place was clean. Food was good. Sushi was very good. Price was reasonable. I think if you really love sushi it is a good price. It is a buffet so you can get as much as you like. Sushi is a pricey food so it will be worth it at this restaurant. They have ok deserts. The ice cream is delicious, but no toppings. Weekday price is cheeper than weekend. The only thing I wish they had was salad.