“Excellent Little Authentic Mexican Restaurant ”
Review of La China Poblana

La China Poblana
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for the first time today. I must say this is an excellent little authentic Mexican restaurant.

Loved their Beef Quesadillas, Beef Flautas and Tacos. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Cinco de Mayo is traditionally celebrated with Mexican food. This year, we wanted to take more authentic Mexican food. The restaurant had very good ratings for their food but not for their service. This is exactly what my wife and I experienced on their busiest day. They had three wait staff for more than 50 people. The food was prepared fresh. We ended up waiting nearly 1-hour for our food, which was served with our appetizer. We were complemented by the management with a shot of tequila and limes. The atmosphere was classless and needed updating. So while we give this restaurant a favorable rating, it was driven but the food quality and presentation. Everything else about this restaurant need change management, if it to succeed.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

If you truly want great authentic Mexican food I strongly suggest taking a ride down Rt 18 and having a meal at La China Poblana. I was surprised to find such a gem of a restaurant in East Brunswick. Don't get turned off by the appearance of the place outside or inside. I have truly found when it comes to really good Mexican restaurants, the best ones are truly those "hole in wall" places with no atmosphere. Not sure why but they all seem to have the best cooks working at them. La China Poblana is no exception. The kitchen is wide open so you get to see the 2 women making most of the food hard at work. The food is made fresh so unlike other Mexican restaurants it will take some time to have a meal here but it is worth the time. Everything me and my family has had here was so appetizing and delicious. The service may not always be the best but the servers are very friendly and helpful. I live in a part of NJ with a number of Mexican restaurants but I would rather drive to East Brunswick to La China Poblana to get great authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The 5 star raters on here must have never had authentic Mexican food before. This was our first and last visit here. Service was slow as only one waitress to wait on all the tables and guests. Food was bland. Very bland.
Not sure what all the rave is about but there are better options nearby in Englishtown, not too far from the flea market.
Would not recommend to others here.
One and done

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Went there the other day because there were so many positive reviews. The food was ok. Reminds me more of the Mexican food we got in Mexico! that said I think we're just used to the Americanized version of Mexican food.