US$138
US$150
US$155
Courtyard
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

Tryp by Wyndham Newark Downtown(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$101
US$64
US$69
US$177
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel is infested with rats. Had purchased some bags of chips, we left the room and came back to the bag with holes from rats and chips all over the floor. The telephone in my room did not work I went down to the front desk and told them and said they would look into it and never fixed it. There was no internet working. We decided to leave a day early but they said there is a no cancellation policy and charged me for the night anyways. Front desk clerk was very rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Flygirl0808
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I really can't remember how many times I stayed at this hotel before, and how many more I'm planning to return in the future. Last one was late June / early July. The hotel is renovating the rooms (check my photos), with new LCD TVs and furniture/appliances. Again, as I said before, the area is not the nicest in the USA, but is AS SAFE AS YOU ARE. You are not going to walk alone with your valuables in Bronx neither in Brooklyn, so why are you complaining of THIS hotel? Be smart, travel safe. I never heard that someone has been stolen in the 5 minutes walk from the station to the hotel. Don't get scared just because it LOOKs scary. Don't believe 100% on some reviews saying the area is a ghetto or anything else. Be smart, be safe. If you are scared, take a cab: US$ 5 from the train station to the hotel. And a lot of cursing from the driver because of are afraid of the dark.

Only ONE complaint about my last stay at this hotel: internet was not working. They are installing a new WiFi system, and everything was down except for the lobby area. They kept promising to fix later that day or that it was already fixed. Instead of lying, why they don't apologize and say "we are changing the system - sorry, not available".

The shuttle driver was a little rude, but I would believe that he was in a bad day (the hotel is family owned and operated, and the shuttle driver is the owner's father).

Other than these two small problems, this is my hotel when I'm in NY.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It was a nightmare. I stay this hotel because this hotel is near to new York. As soon as I entered in the hotel, front desk clerk lady who doesn't know how to talk with the people said she is not working even though she was at the front desk and send me over to other desk clerk who was very polite. As I was walking pass the floor, there were gang activities going on and hall smells full of smoke. Location is dangerous. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Ronaldo124
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I tried to get on the internet and got a "local"connection butcould not get online. I talked to the front desk and he said he would fix the internet connection. day two still can not get online went to front desk and they changed our room. went to town got in real late still no internet. day three talked to front desk he said he would change the settings for the internet but nothing changed still no internet. Also there was no AC inthe halls, you can walk out of your room and by the time the elevator door opened you would have sweat starting to run down your neck (Hot as the ooutside tempature)!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SteveinSlocomb
Reviewed 4 July 2012

There are rats in this hotel!!!!!!!! They were in my room and under the bed. They were looking at me like I was intruding their space. They didn't even wait for me to turn the lights off. This hotel needs to be shut down immediately. Unless you like being in the presence of multiple rodents while you sleep (or get bitten), stay away from this hotel. I will never travel to another Ramada after this experience

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family