“Good food, good price, needs atmosphere”

Perkins restaurant and bakery
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I hadn't been to a Perkins restaurant in years. I decided to bring my wife and step-son here for dinner. I ordered the Irish Tots as an appetizer and we all cleaned the plate. Simple but good food. Comfort food I suppose. I was a bit put off by the lack of attention by our waiter who later explained that he had gotten a large party in the back. He apologized but I felt like our measly party of 3 wasn't worth his time. When I approached the hostess about the lack of attention she seemed annoyed with me. I just wanted another drink and some hot sauce. But, despite the lackluster service I have been back a second time to better service, although the hostess still seemed annoyed by the fact that she had to be there. Personality I suppose. Avoid the hostess and enjoy the comfort food.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Perkins has really good inexpensive meals. We love it for breakfast, every option and choice, i.e. eggs (any way, any style including egg beaters), good bacon and sausage, great toast or pancakes and fresh fruit. Lunches are also good choices, especially the salads and hot meals.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I think Perkins is a solid place for breakfast/brunch. I don't know much about their lunch and dinner food. They have very good egg platters, fresh sausage and bacon. Their plain pancakes, as well as their more imaginative pancake dishes are very good. The same management, servers and busboys are always there, which is a great sign as management is taking care of business and the servers and bus boys are making money. It's clean also.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I love their pancakes , have all the pancakes on the menu , never disappointed . Honestly we have only ordered from breakfast menu the numerous times we have gone.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My wife enjoys their roast turkey and gravy, corn and mashed potatoes, and apple pie. I enjoyed their shrimp and pasta dinner. (I forget the proper name) my dessert was enjoyable too. They have breakfast specials and different choices daily which we both enjoy. Our servers both Matt & Jonathan partnered up to give us great service. They said they often help each other, which we were amazed to see & have.

Bob Lecato, Mercerville NJ