“Deliciousness”

The River Palm Terrace
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Edgewater
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the River Palm Terrace, New Jersey's finest steakhouse! We serve the finest prime beef available anywhere. Only 1% of the beef fabricated in America is suitable for use in our restaurant. Our beef is hand selected from the best-fed cattle by the finest stockyard packing companies in the west. The steaks are center cut only from U.S.D.A. Prime Beef, aged on the premises to the mellow point of perfection and then hand crafted by our own butcher for incomparable tenderness and flavor. Even our prime rib is prime. All of our prime beef is tender and juicy beyond imagination.....Search the world over, taste and savor, you'll find no other meats to compare, by any standards, with superb selections of the River Palm Terrace restaurant. This is an assurance and our promise.
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Everything is cooked to perfection
Cozy and classy atmosphere
Dessert paradise
Attentive staff
Delicious bread!!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
riverpalmedgewater, Public Relations Manager at The River Palm Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Glad you enjoyed!

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

They have the best food and service. The tomahawk ribeye is delicious. Look for Andy and he will make you a sushi or maki roll.

Date of visit: July 2018
riverpalmedgewater, Public Relations Manager at The River Palm Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review ~ we appreciate it very much!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Excellent service. High quality food. Sophisticated atmosphere. The coconut shrimp appetizer comes with a wonderful dipping sauce. Known for their "Steak for 2" the best thing on the menu, the lobster and seafood choices are also excellent. A nice wine list and delicious desserts round out the entire dining experience. A high end special occasion place.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped by Mahwah location and was more than pleasantly surprised!! Incredible wait service at bar for dinner!! Best steaks... my fave is NY strip.. soo good.. as well as great cocktails!! Ladies cocktais $5. Thurs Def exceeded my expectations... Thank-you!!

Date of visit: June 2018
riverpalmedgewater, Public Relations Manager at The River Palm Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

That's great! We appreciate the wonderful review!

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We sat on the upstairs room, which was pretty plain decor-wise as opposed to the main downstairs room which has the old school decor and feel of a manhattan steakhouse, but hey, we just wanted great food. Having read a few reviews from google and TA before my visit, I expected an excellent culinary experience.
The waiter we had acted more like an used car salesman, which gaves us a certain vibe from the beggining. We just couldn't figure out why his whole demeanor seemed so fake, but hey, that never stopped us from enjoying a great meal before....

The first thing we ordered was the applewood smoked bacon, and he took the opportunity to push the hell out of the Langostinos, which my wife said okay to, which ended up costing the didiculous sum of $60 (for an appetizer).
We ordered a bottle of wine which took about 15 - 20 minutes to be delivered, only to bring us the wrong bottle, the wrong country/region/grape et al.

For main dish we ordered the ribeye for two which was $105. I'll take this opportunity to say that if I'm going to eat steak, I will always order ribeye, which is my favorite cut. I know ribeye! We ordered medium charred, he brought us a medium rare steak, a super fatty cut, more fat than usual, and here's my main problem: The meat had NO TASTE... No taste ribeye, impossible you will say! So did I, until my visit to this place. That rybeye was definitely NOT worth $105. The creamed spinach was very good, the langostinos were very tasty but grossly overpriced. The waiter's demeanor wasn't warming and he didn't earn our trust.
To top it all off, when he brough us the bill, he was charging us for two bottles of wine, the one he brought by mistake and the one we actually ordered. The minute I called him back to the table, he already knew what I was calling him for, since he said walking to us "something wrong with the wine charge, right?" My wife and I looked at each other understanding that it wasn't a mistake, it was a trap. Had I just drop my card on the bill as I do most times when I'm alone, without further inspection from my wife, I would have overpaid by $57.
This place is not what some people writing reviews here think. They need to get out to the city more, and try quality steakhouses such as Old Homestead, Quality Meats, BLT, Prime, etc. so they can compare and realize there is no way this place is 5 bubbles or stars or whatever rating system you prefer. Heck, it's not even a 4 star! Maybe for a neighborhood joint... In which case, is overpriced. Not in the sense that food here costs more than in other NYC steakhouses (well, the langostinos do), but in the sense that the quality does not match the prices. If you're going to charge NYC steakhouse prices, you must match the quality of food and service. You will have to subject yourselves to high standards and tougher criticism. As far as my wife and I is concerned, you fail to match your prices with all around quality.
Why do I give it 3 bubbles? Because I like to be fair. The overpriced langostinos ($60) were fresh and tasty, the creamed spinach was very good, so was the applewood bacon. But the steak for two ($105) was not. Next time I'll stick to the city for steak.
Maybe they do better with seafood....

Date of visit: June 2018