“Bravisimo”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Edgewater
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Public transportation within one block.
Description: Fleming's Edgewater, NJ is an ongoing celebration of exceptional Steak and Wine.Prime Beef and 100 Wines by the Glass. We are located on River Road in CityPlace, Edgewater. Conveniently between the Lincoln Tunnel and the George Washington Bridge
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for our anniversary. Where to start...

The service - our waiter Roger was the most polished and professional waiter. Phenomenal!

The food - we had the seared tuna, lamb chops, shrimps and scallops, filet mignon and the lobster. Simply amazing!

The ambiance - beautiful local, perfect lighting and fantastic atmosphere.

The finale - a parting gift prvoided to us....truffles! Bravo!!!!

Highly recommend.

Kathy and Gabe from NY

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great steak place, good drinks, excellent service. Have been here a few times. Completely enjoyed it.

Tom M, General Manager at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Lillian,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your visit to Fleming's in Edgewater. We hope to see you soon!!

Tom McCarthy
Operating Partner

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Sadly, steaks are not prepared properly at all. We ordered $89 tomahawk steak medium and it arrived cold centered rare. I cut off bone, cut eye of steak in half, sending it back, so they would cook evenly. Arrived with only 1/2 of what I sent back and it was burned. My mom was hungry and I was tired of bogus excuses. They offered a new steak, but why wait for another steak not cooked properly? The salts were left off plate. A careless kitchen. My dad ordered their $60 filet mignon medium/rare and sent his left overs home with me.

Because of leftovers I was able to see proof of inadequate steak preparation. If ever a steakhouse should be ashamed of a meal, it was served to us. I have included photos from my dad's filet. Burned to a crisp on one side and properly on the other. Charcoal burned and not edible. Medium rare???
My elderly parents were taken advantage of because my dad did not taste the bad meat due to sauce. Tomahawk bone was black on one side also.

Charcoal level burned meat is toxic. FDA warns not to eat because carcinogens causes cancer.

When I called my mom and told her of burned filet she was upset dad ate his charcoal level burned filet. My dogs appreciated cut away leftovers.
They do not sear and cook. They burn under a broiler and serve black sides down.
Great service and view is only worthwhile if OWNER cares about quality of food leaving his kitchen.
Manager removed cost of Tomahawk off bill and he was visibly embarrassed. One excuse after another. No, I prep same steaks at home and there are zero excuses.
Gave poor review, not all bad, because server was terrific. Server earned extra star. She was attentive and cared.
My parents will inspect both sides of beef before eating when they return. They claim burgers are good. I am in no hurry to return.

FYI: When cooking tomahawk steaks at home, sear all sides before broiling or grilling creates an even cook. Same for filet mignon. Check YouTube.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I were staying at the nearby Homewood suites in Edgewater and walked to Fleming's for cocktails and appetizers the jumbo lump crab cakes, chili glazed calamari and and the maple glazed slab but bacon. Service, food and atmosphere were very good.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have never had a bad meal hear. The restaurant is very pricey. The steaks are a la cart. So the 14 ounce ribeye steak at 49 dollars comes out on a plate. If you want a side they are shareable. Dont get me wrong, the food is delicious. We had a problem with one of the orders at my table, and the manager was quick to respond to correct the situation. They offer valet parking because parking is an issue at this location.