“Our Newest Discovery, and breakfast hangout”
Review of Pantagis Diner

Pantagis Diner
Ranked #16 of 296 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Less than a mile away from my house, I pass by it everyday, twice. We finally decided to give it a try one Sunday morning. I have tried breakfast in numerous Dinners, and I have to say this one did impress me. Simply the taste was better than most Dinners.
Also, thumbs up for the crew. Very friendly.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here this morning upon the warm recommendation of the clerk at the Courtyard Marriott where we stayed just across the road.

The place has been around a long time as reflected in the state of the decor. There could be more attention to cleaning of windows and such.

Service was prompt and friendly. Prices were average. I was a bit hesitant because of a relatively low Yelp rating. However the food was well prepared and very tasty. Coffee was fine.

Not top of the line in terms of diners. Nevertheless the convenience of location and accessibility afforded us a good breakfast.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My friend and I walked in to the diner about 9:30 am, and were greeted and seated immediately. The diner was clean. It took the waitress a few minutes to ask about our drinks. I think they used to give you fruit juice when you ordered from a 'breakfast special' menu. After she brought us our coffee, I asked about the juice and she said that "it was coffee OR juice". I then understood the little squiggle of a correction between coffee and juice on the special menu.
Our breakfasts came and I could immediately tell that the potatoes were cooked in oil, not butter - not a big thing, but definitely detectable. Our omelets came and were cooked to order. We tasted them and they are mediocre. They weren't bad enough to send back, but we have definitely had better omelets in other Jersey diners.
Our waitress did come by and asked if we needed more coffee but when I was ready, she was nowhere around. In our short time there, I did see her go in and out at least 3 times (for a smoke? who knows). I finally got her attention and she brought me more coffee.
When the waitress was clearing the table she asked how everything was and I told her "I've had worse". Her response was "Oh, that's not good". She never asked what was wrong with the food, she just kept clearing the table.
Overall, our visit to this diner was mediocre. I would not go back there again if I was in the area. There are other diners in the area that I would try.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Located near the I-95 and I-287 interchange in Edison, this is an excellent 24/7 diner.

An incredible menu with so many selections - breakfast, salads, sandwiches, carving board deli sandwiches, wraps, paninis, burgers, triple-decker clubs, steaks & chops, hot open sandwiches, Italian cuisine, seafood. Wow.

We tried the Italian wedding soup, beef stroganoff & noodles, and pasta venezia - all excellent.

Save room for dessert - they offer 21 varieties of cheesecake! We tried the Boston cream pie - very yummy!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The wife and I and two friends stopped in this weekend for breakfast. Unfamiliar with the area, it's always a good idea to choose a Greek Diner. Coffee and tea were quickly served and piping hot, and the breakfast selections varied from a Single Egg with Pork Roll (up north Taylor Ham), to Hot Cakes, to a Build Your Own Omelette, and to my own Cheese Blintzes with Fresh Fruit and Sour Cream. Aside from the freak 30 second power outage from the storm, everything came out hot, fresh and yummy, and the plates were pretty clean when we finished. I recommend the in-house made Danish and Fruit Tarts, which we did sample and devour. Service was friendly, attentive but not hovering.

Been to Pantagis Diner? Share your experiences!