US$123
US$142
US$144
US$125
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$125
US$86
Quality Inn(Edison)
US$124
US$119
QualityInn
US$95
All reviewsclub levelnew jerseyraritan centerlobby areanj turnpikefitness centermaggiestarbucksbartenderbusinessnyc
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Can't complain about anything with the stay..it was a nice rest stop for the family after a full day site in NYC..nice and quiet room set away from all the action n the hotel..staff was very helpful..

• Stayed: December 2012
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you very much for your response during your most recent visit, we greatly appreciate the time you have taken to complete. Each comment is shared with our team at the hotel and reviewed to further improve our service standards and to also compliment our team on a job well done. We hope to see you in the near future . Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday season.
Tony Lucca General Manager.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 7 nights. If it was just 1-2, I probably would ignore the little things. By night 7, it ended up with 3-star review. I stayed with a collegue and she had same pros/cons list with her room

Pros
- location (for my purposes)
- cleanliness
- very nice front desk stuff
- toiletries smelling good (many chains have a problem with that)

Cons
- WiFi $9.95 / day - really?.. it is 2012 and they charge $130+ per night, c'mon. Lucky for me, I was not a loyalty program member yet, so I was not charged for WiFi for this first stay after signing up. I'll have to pay the next time.

- Bed. Plain uncomfortable. I had the worst sleep the whole week. The sheets and comforter were not staying in place (never a problem for me), the mattress was just bad

My room did not have a fridge or a microwave (understood that it probably was not part of my company rate / $130 a night, but still added to the list inconveniences). Had my own instant coffee in the morning but used half-and-half cups in the room - they did not get replaced for 2 days, I had to go pick them up myself at the front desk. Again, not horrible, but left a sense of not wanting to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback during your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your full expectations regarding your bed and the replacment of your condiments for your coffee during your stay. I have spoken to our Director of Engineering and Director of Houskeeping to address both issues to ensure this will not reocurr in the future, additionally after reviewing both items have not experienced a regular reoccurrance to either of these. Once again thank you for your valued feedback and should your travels bring you back to the area I hope that we have an opportunity to make your next stay more pleasurable. Please contact me directly apon your return. Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2012

They claim to be 3.5 stars and may be that was true in the 1980's but this place has not been kept up. Had to put a towel in the tub, was so unsightly. 3 days there and 2 days without an elevator. Housekeeping did not provide additional toiletries or coffee.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra C

Thank you very much for your most recent response during your stay with us. I sincerely aplogize for the lack of housekeeping service and the challenges you had with the elevator. I have addressed both issues with our Director of Engineering and Director of Housekeeping to ensure they do not reoccur. We have also taken the necessary steps to recheck our elevator to ensure they are operating at their maxium proficiency, which they are. Once again thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future. Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a month while on business in New Jersey and New York.

It seems to be the highest quality hotel in the area, which is good, but it doesn't seem to measure up to other Sheraton properties.

Check-in was easy although frequently the automatic front doors are inoperable, making you struggle to open the door with your luggage in tow.

The rooms are OK, but the walls are pretty thin. I had a room that "adjoined" to another room and could frequently hear the person in the next room watching TV (at 5am, really!?) and a week or so later a couple having a heated argument.

The beds and pillows are comfortable, which made for a good night sleep. One day my room had a distinct "vomit" smell to it, but that went away after a few hours. Not sure what that was all about.

I didn't use the restaraunt, but the bar staff was a little rude. Not sure if they were actually rude or just had that NJ attitude. For instance I was there on a Sunday and wanted to watch a Denver football game (where I'm from) and I was the only one watching the sports on the TV. The bartender said that he couldn't change the channel as the game that was on was more "competetive", even though the Denver game was tied up! He just didn't want to change the channel for whatever reason.

In the end it's OK for the area, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Elevators, they are loud.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyingSux
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. Please be assured I will look into the issue with the bartender who would not change the television channel when you asked. We have several TV's in the bar and restaurant and if the game you requested was on a local channel there would be no reason not to switch stations. Your comments are very important to our success and I will be sure to share your review with the team. Please come back again when you plan your next trip to Edison.
Warm Regards,
Dorothy Paez
General Manager, Sheraton Edison

Reviewed 19 November 2012

The first room I received smelled like smoke the moment I walked in. When I called the front desk, they immediately gave me another room just down the hall and brought up the key within a few minutes.

The room was typical of what I expect at a Sheraton. A clean room, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The club lounge had some evening food which was pretty good - pasta and some kind of hot stuffed pastry, plus some red velvet cake.

There are several hotels in the area -- and lots of highways. Anywhere you want to go, you will have to take several highways to get there.

The lounge was closed on Sunday so they provided breakfast at the restaurant which was very good. A full hot breakfast -- the food and service was good.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your comments.
It is our ongoing commitment to offer excellent customer service. We will be sure to share this positive feedback with our staff.
Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Warm Regards,