“Unprofessional bar manager. Room OK not 3*”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I want to share the current experience I faced in this hotel. I am staying here for a week 9/26 to 9/29. I ordered a drink and few appetizers on happy hour and your bar area manger didn't allow me to take left over food to my room. What a weird rule?!!! I am very much disappointed. I pay $171+tax a day and I can't take $10 food to my room???

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sudheer P
Kathy M, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We discussed at length in our staff meeting and this has been rectified. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

They overbooked, Changed me to a handicapped room, with a lesser bed, and no upgrade, and I had no need for that type of room. No apology. No special accommodation for their error. The air conditioning did not work. You need to get by the mold for n the bathroom, and stained carpets and dull decor, to,experience the full ambiance. Spg status means nothing to them. Completely dissatisfied with one exception- the repair man who had to clean , yes clean the AC unit, then repair it. Was courteous, and apologized profusely for having to interrupt my night. And promptly fixed the AC. Maybe they should hire him for management.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Salvatore M
Kathy M, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. We will pass along your compliments to our maintenance associate and will address your other points.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed 3 nights at this Sheraton and were utterly disappointed. The rooms look old, peeling wallpaper in bathrooms, bed sheet had stains, random rollaway bed was in our room when we didn't request it. In addition to all this, only 2 outlets worked in the entire room, and none of them were by the bed for phone charging. We were told an 'engineer' will come in and fix it but after 2 no shows, a few hours before our check out time, an engineer came in and told us all of the fixing will take too long and left.

Day 2, after room service came in, the bed sheets were not changed because the same stain was there the next day.

Management took forever to respond to our queries.

We travel a lot and never before I have submitted a bad review. For an SPG hotel, this Sheraton really felt short to providing us a comforting stay and we are really disappointed. Likely will never stay at a Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nudrat Z
Kathy M, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

We apologize that we did not meet you expectations during your stay and regret that we were not able to resolve your requests. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

If you avoid it, look for alternatives. Hotel needs a massive renovation, rooms, not as the word Sheraton sounds, breakfast very ordinary, and out of the main city area also.

The only reason you cannot avoid is that you part of the touring group. Be very careful in choosing the tour as in many cases hotels are not defined properly and certain options are always given. AVOID such tours as in end you will regret it.

Always book from the reliable touring companies, check their website, review the feedback on your own and when a good amount of money as asked usually it is for the services, do consider that.

In the end what you spend is what you get and you can't question your own judgment in selecting the tour, hotel, transport and if you complain it is very less that you will get what you want.

Room Tip: Avoid it...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AdnanKakazai
Kathy M, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We apologize that the hotel did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for taking time to write a review and we hope that the rest of your tour was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The staff there is great. Very helpful to me as I experienced some health related issues during my stay. Could not have asked for better customer service. Awesome job, everyone . . . will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Kathy M, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for completing a review. We were very happy to hear that your health issues received attention and that you are on the mend. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff.