“Good Old Fashioned Breakfast!”

Edison Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Edison
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Edison for over 25 years and have heard about Edison Family Restaurant over and over. Even from our realtor. So after all this time, we decided to give it a try.

This is a “local” mom & pop restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. There is nothing fancy about its visual style or decor. Just what you would expect from an old fashioned, no gimmicks diner.
The staff is personable, warm and friendly. They make you feel at home. The menu is huge and they have plenty of specialties to satisfy you if you’re looking for something unique.

I wanted to feel at home so I had buttermilk pancakes with egg over easy and bacon. The food came out quick and hot. Eggs and bacon were cooked just right, but I do have to say that these were the best pancakes I have ever had. My wife copied off me, but my son got the banana walnut pancakes and my daughter got the French toast. Both excellent choices and delicious.

The prices are reasonable and they serve nice portions. I can’t wait to return to try something different.

Highly recommended if you want a good old fashioned breakfast/brunch/lunch.

1  Thank DizFanatic

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with family and the menu selection is massive. Breakfast served all day. Great Variety of homemade soup. The split pea was amazing! Not fancy but absolutely delicious!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Visited this Restaurant for lunch while here visiting my family. We usually come while I’m up to visit. It was just as delicious as I remembered! The waitresses were great and attentive to our needs! I look forward to another trip in the future!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had gone there for breakfast while in the area. Had read the previous reviews and were impressed. The menu looked great and we were excited by all of the specials. Ordered the pumpkin cheesecake pancakes which were really good. Unfortunately, an order of turkey sausages were overcooked and ended up the food equivalent of a rubbery cigar. I ordered Challah French Toast. I am from New England so perhaps I am spoiled, but I consider not having the option of real maple syrup when dining out a tragedy. My French toast ended up being a tragic meal. I would have appreciated the possibility of real maple syrup at an additional price.
Overall it was good for the specials. The regular breakfast fare acceptable. Would I go back? Yes, but with my own flask of syrup.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This is my go to place for Belgian waffles - they are simply THE BEST!
I lways order the bacon - which never disappoints as its alays crisp.
On a Sunday, go there early as it gets busy after 8 am.