“The Real Thing!”

ROYAL WARSAW
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Dined at Royal Warsaw with my daughter last evening and it was phenomenal. My daughter started with Polish goulash which I shared and it was quite tasty and rather filling. For entrees I had the Warsaw sampler, stuffed cabbage, kielbasa, hunters stew and a sampling of pierogi. And they were all really good and perfect on a cold winter's night. My daughter had the plain stuffed cabbage and inhaled them. It was served with a mushroom sauce that was outstanding. Next time we plan to drill down into the menu and delve into more traditional Polish fare. If you're in the area (Its right off Rte. 46) stop in you'll like it

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Growing up Polski, I only knew my Mom's authentic Polish cooking. I have tried various places and they always fell short. I came with low expectations and now I can't wait to go back. We were a group of 10 celebrating my niece's second birthday! The service was friendly and attentive and since not everyone was not familiar with the Polish foods the waitress was very helpful in explaining the different foods. Stick to the Polish dishes they were great !! We had the pierogi sample and the kielbasa with bigos as shared appetizers. Someone in a previous review said to skip the italian bread(?) when we dined it was a hearty bread that complemented the bigos ( just like my Dad used to love) I had the PRZEKLADANIEC ZAKOPIANSKI - Potato pancakes stuffed with chicken and topped with a mushroom sauce, which was yummy. Everyone enjoyed their orders ranging from the golabki, pork dishes, filet mignon and lamb shank. My Polish Mom and Chef boyfriend both gave the Royal Warsaw their approval too !!!
(both tough critics!)

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Only order the true Polish dishes and you will not be disappointed. Their potato pancakes are too smooth for my taste and not so much like the real homemade as in Warsaw so authentic but full of taste. Nice authentic liquors and beers and many from the Old World to choose, as are their very nice desert menu and big cups of coffee! Easy to get to right off 21, off 46 off Parkway with a big parking lot, I know how to get there now so when I am back in the area, I will return for sure!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

First off, if you are on a diet, this is not the restaurant for you.

The meal was just wonderful. On a cold day, I need some comfort food and the Royal Warsaw's food I was in the mood for that evening. Skip the bread basket as it is Italian bread that does not fit into the restaurant menu and order the sampler of periogis. God, they are delicious. Light as air and filled with cheese and meat and spend the extra two dollars to have them fired. They are cooked with bacon and onions and have such a good flavor.

I had the chicken Warsaw for dinner and the platter was huge. It contained two chicken patties with mashed potatoes and a salad that was fresh with ranch dressing. The whole meal I could barely finish. The chicken patties were ground chicken with mushrooms and cheese and were so flavorful and fresh. They were perfectly cooked and had a nice crisp to them. The salad was extremely fresh not like some of these restaurants that serve you a limp salad. It had a nice crisp bit to it.

The desserts is where the restaurant fails. The selection is made off premise and who ever heard of tiramisu at a Polish restaurant. I opted for the blueberry peirogi's and they were good but they needed to be sautéed in butter and a little sugar for some extra flavor. They could have had some Polish desserts on the menu and when I suggested that to the waitress she agreed that they should be a little more traditional.

Maria, my server, was a gem and could not have been nicer or more helpful with my selections. The service there is very traditional and the staff does speak Polish as does about 80% of the clientele. They seem to come from all over to eat here.

1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 10 December 2016

We ate dinner at Royal Warsaw. The restaurant is big and the place was packed on a Friday night. Our waitress was very nice and made suggestions for our entrees, which we took. I had the stuffed pork with mushrooms, cheese and onions. It came with a huge side of mashed potatoes. The pork was juicy and tasty. Overall, it was a very good meal. We also ordered the Warsaw platter, which was basically a sampler platter. It came with keilbasa, perogies, stew, and stuffed cabbage. All were pretty good as well. This was our first time eating Polish food so the flavors are a bit foreign, but we would absolutely come back.

1  Thank CGin23