“Been meaning to go here for years”

Benny's Luncheonette
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Long ago my neighbor used to tell me about his wonderful breakfasts at Benny's in Fair Lawn. I always meant to go, but never got there. Well, my friend and I meet about once a month for breakfast, and the diner just wasn't doing it for us anymore. Now we have a new go-to place!
Benny's has a list of specials each day. I had the "small" spinach-feta omelet special, with home fries, toast and coffee included. It was $6.95. The small omelet was quite large, and I wasn't able to finish it. The picture I took is poor quality, but you get the idea of the size of the portion. My eggs and potatoes came out steaming, slightly browned egg and crispy potatoes, like I like them.
Coffee was excellent- I'm a coffee snob and it was hot and fresh. My friend asked for "thick, not runny " oatmeal, and she said it was tasty and nice and thick.
We are going back soon, because there are a number of meals I want to try- the cinnamon pancakes will be first!
I wanted to mention that our server was excellent. She has been a waitress for many years, and she's a pro. The restaurant has that neighborhood comfy feeling and is very welcoming- many of the customers are regulars. A couple stores down, Benny's has a bakery ice cream shoppe.
Benny's is open for M-W breakfast and lunch until 5:30am-3pm; open for dinner on TH-Fri-Sat until 9pm; Sunday open 8am-2pm It's in a strip mall, very easy to find by the arrow and the Benny's sign!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This little out of the way place is a hidden gem. It has a retro, back in the old days diner feel to it with great memorabilia on the walls and a very homey feel to it. The staff is friendly and makes you feel like family and the food is excellent. The portion size for the price you pay is more than enough with leftovers going home. Highly recommend the pastrami, which was A LOT and flavorful as well as any of the evil, decadent milkshake creations they have...just too incredible to describe. Highly recommend this great neighborhood eatery

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I came here for dessert because we heard about the huge milkshakes. I ordered the Nutella milkshake, which came with a nutella croissant/donut in it. My friend ordered the cotton candy milkshake, with actual cotton candy on top. I highly recommend the milkshakes. They are very photogenic!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This little luncheonette is convenient but is lacking something. While the food is adequate, the evening serving crew isn't their best. The single waitress is easily overwhelmed and the man behind the counter just stands there as if he is handcuffed to the register. The food is comfort food that you would expect at a diner. Good and fairly priced. It's a nice place for a local feel but I'd suggest you go during the day.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Saturday morning translates to soft scrambled , Taylor Ham and cheese on a roll, Benny's never disappoints. Omelets, pancakes everything is fresh and excellent. It also has outstanding burgers and sandwiches piled high with deliciousness. It is busy and bustling but always friendly. They do not disappoint.

Date of visit: May 2017