“Decent food”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My food has always been pretty good, but the people I've dined with were not crazy about it. I would say it is a pretty good diner, but I must say the service is ALWAYS outstanding. A friendly server is always right there for you and the food comes out quickly. I've never had to wait long at all!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The Versailles offers a huge menu at good prices. Food is far from gourmet but it is consistently good. The diner facilities could use updating and refreshing. Servers are usually pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

While I have eaten there and ordered other things that were good, more recently I have tried their soups. Split pea is super good. And if enough time I also get the salad with the salami and cheese, also super good.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We are out of state who don't understand the cool diner experience NJ people rave about. But we experienced it in NY so we gave this a shot. Big mistake.

Online menu is not what they offer. Lots of food to satisfy the blue haired crowd but the rest of us....forgetta about it! Alcohol on the menu we sat down with, as well as the online menu, reflected beer and wine. The menu advertised had some limitations.

Our waitress was very efficient and friendly! We went in on a Saturday evening around 8pm after a long weekend of emotional events. She was very thoughtful.

Hopefully this place will live up to what it has advertised (and the older reviews show) with a makeover!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Every time I come back to Jersey for a visit, I make sure to have at least one meal at a diner and it is always the Versailles Diner on Route 46 In Fairfield. Since I now live in Florida, a typical Jersey diner is impossible to find. Today I decided to go for breakfast and the food was as good as always. Our server, Debbie, was AMAZING! She certainly is a people person with her outgoing personality and her attention to everyone who is lucky enough to have her take care of them. I will definitely be back before I leave and be sure to ask for Debbie! Keep up the great work Debbie; you are an asset to the Versailles!