“Great Polish Deli selection”

Piast Meats & Provisions
Ranked #46 of 69 Restaurants in Garfield
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Not a restaurant. Deli.

Not cheap, but worth it for authentic, made-on-premise sausage, pierogy and salads.
Wide selection of eastern European foods.
Pleasant staff, occasionally English-challenged.
This and the Golden Eagle (Garfield) are two top-notch hits.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I live about 60min from Piast so Im not there to often. Yesterday my uncle and I stopped to buy few things. I spent about 50$ for few items. One of the items was gallon of milk. Today I realized that milk was already open, most likely by emplyee or manager. I could not use this milk since didnt know if they added something or just switched old milk and used new container. Maybe they just needed milk for coffee but i wont take a chance. I will avoid this store.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

My boyfriend loves Piergoi's and he says that this place makes the best. I was told that their candy is fabulous...and you know what they are! Blows away Hersey's candy any day. Prices are unbelievable low, I am going to go back soon as I saw that they had chicken and beef kabob's. I now have a new go to place but just need to find one closer to home. I have to also mention that this deli is so clean, how they do it I don't know.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

I grew up in a Polish household in the Bronx and about every 3 months I have to have my Eastern European food fix!!

Some days I go to the Lower East Side of NYC, however Piast is great, is local to me and fits the bill.

Everything I buy is high quality and extremely well priced. I love this store!!

Reviewed 21 August 2015

I normally don't write reviews and as you can see this is my first. I received my very large order and cooked it the same day. First of all, I was surprised that the pierogi were the size of half dollars and no bigger. I ordered 6 dozen mixed and I was hoping I had bought enough now, Next, they tasted worse than any frozen pierogi you can buy at your local grocery. Everyone actually spit out the buffalo chicken pierogi but it still left a horrible taste in your mouth. How very disgusting and disappointing. It's an insult to Polish people. Moving on, the bigos faired not much better. It had a sweet taste to it and a couple of people found hard bits of who knows what in there. The babka was way too doughy with not enough filling. So this entire meal was a bust. I repeatedly apologized to everyone for the taste of the food and ordered pizza. I'm Polish and this was just a crime to have food like this represent Polish food. Please go and find good polish food elsewhere. I would have gotten more satisfaction out of burning the money.

2  Thank Denise C