“Low-key Goodness”

Panther Pub
Ranked #15 of 91 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband and I really like to go to the Panther Pub when we want a low-key delicious experience. We always order the Guacamole because it is so freshly made, it is the best we ever eat out! We order the fish tacos and the drunken clams. I really like their flatbreads and the eggplant appetizer. We usually just order four or five starters to share, they have so many to choose from.
They have great beers on tap and a nice list of cocktails too!
The wait staff is friendly and efficient, we've always had a great experience!

They have live music on Friday nights and during warmer months offer music on the patio.

1  Thank NGM60

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had just picked up a trailer load of hay and were hot, dusty and thirsty. We stopped at Panther Pub for a cold drink and a quick meal. Wow. The shrimp and grits were as good as any I've had north of Virginia. Smothered in butter, shrimp perfectly cooked as were the grits. I had a "Mangalitsa hog burger" which consisted of gently smoked ham on a massive roll with a side of the best tater tots I've ever had. My wife had a flatbread concoction with artichoke hearts that she loved. The service was prompt and courteous, the beer and iced tea were cold and delicious. This was much better than the typical pub fare. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Our first time here but will not be our last. Food was great, hot and fresh. My burger was cooked exactly like I asked. My 18 month old grandsons food came out perfect and timely, keeping him happy. Definitely will be back soon.

1  Thank Allen S
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We have ordered from panther and eaten there several times. Food is always hot and fresh! Haven't had anything that has disappointed!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I can't believe we've never been here before. We were looking for a centrally located place to meet family and picked this one because of reviews and the proximity to exit off of Rt. 80.

It was great! They have some excellent appetizers. We chose the guacamole and chips, the pierogies and the Drunkin Clams in a broth of vermouth, whiskey and andouille sausage. They were all delicious.

Entrees were the short rib pot roast, mushroom risotto, house pub burger and brisket and short rib shepherds pie.

All were really good. The only comment was that the risotto needed a little salt, but depending on your salt intake, that's not really a negative.

We had a 4 year old and a 6 year old and it was completely family friendly. Our server, Aaron, was attentive and very nice.

All in all, a good experience and we will definitely go back to order the dishes we didn't get tonight!