“An Interesting Irish Pub Style Restaurant”
Review of Bea McNallys

Bea McNallys
Ranked #26 of 89 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Tired and hungry after work, I still had to drive to Hackettstown to pick up a clean winter blanket for my horse from Patrick at Duds and Suds. Each time I drive past Bea McNallys on the way home. I decided to treat myself. Unfortunately, the menu didn't offer my two test dishes so I ordered the corned beef reuben. I had a choice of several different French fry sides and chose the bleu cheese fries. When the platter came the fries took up 2/3 of the plate. They were topped with diced tomatoes, scallions, bleu cheese and a garlic aioli. It was delicious! I don't remember ever seeing anything like that in any restaurant in Ireland so I'm guessing that it is a chef specialty. The sandwich itself was served on toasted rye bread with just a hint of sauerkraut and Russian dressing. The manager/owner? was very pleasant and the server was super friendly.
Tuesday nights are karaoke, Wednesday nights feature trivia. I was told not to show up on Thursday nights since it's college night. Fridays are ladies' night, Saturday features a live band and Sundays are for football fans with brunch specials offerings. Happy hour is Monday-Friday 3-7. There is a separate menu for the 75 different beers offered - some are from local micro breweries. I easily have more than enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow not to mention I don't have to fix dinner tonight!

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Food was average for a pub. Appetizers were pretty good, but it's hard to mess up appetizers. I thought some of the drinks were a little pricey. Great atmosphere, though!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Needed a night with the girls. Great appetizers. Had to have my Irish Coffee. We loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We had dinner here on a Saturday night, and it was really hopping! This is an Irish pub/sports bar, so lots of TVs and good appetizers. The entrees our group tried included the glazed salmon, lamb stew, burger and pork filet. All OK, though slightly overcooked. Good-sized portions and our server was friendly and attentive. The kitchen seems to slow down as the restaurant gets busier. Overall, a good meal.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

After trying another restaurant in town and having to move on because we didn't have time to wait for a table, we went here. So glad we did. The staff was friendly and attentive. It wasn't very busy and the atmosphere was great. The beer list was extensive...can't wait to try some on my next visit. I chose the grilled chicken sandwich and my mom had the clam po'boy. Both were on the lunch special list ($7 each) and both were excellent. Yummy fries, too. We'll definitely be back!