“love the service at this restaurant, without the wait of the chain restaurants”

Kunkel's Seafood & Steakhouse
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th Ave.
Transit: Public transportation in front of restaurant Kings Highway Rt 41.
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Love the service of this locally owned restaurant. No waits like the chain restaurants, and the service is very personal. This is a BYOB restaurant, no complaints from me, love it! Had a great chicken dish on a previous visit, however on this visit, I had a fillet, well done. Always worry about getting a fillet well done when eating out since most places either under cook it, or kill it. I can't tell you how damn delicious this fillet was, cuts like butter and done to perfection (for me that is). Love the very friendly owners, always ensuring that the customer is happy and bends over backwards to ensure that you get all that you want! Big mix of seafood, steak and other dishes.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

This was my first visit to Kunkel's and I enjoyed a wonderful meal with four of my clients. We were fortunate enough to dine during the spring produce special (I forget exactly what it's called) where local producers bring their fresh produce and Kunkel's turns it into an absolutely delicious 4-course meal! We were instructed to choose one from each of the offered courses. I had the soup du jour (a vegetable medley), Thai calamari, lobster and crab baked ravioli, and the apple crisp bread pudding. Every bite was wonderful and served with warm, smiling faces. Kunkel's is a BYOB (bring your own booze) establishment. The price for all 5 of us rounded up to $200, so expect to spend at least $40 per person, but it is worth every penny.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The food in this restaurant is beyond luxe gourmet. it's pricey, yes, but absolutely worth it. If you have the chance to go on a night when Bill Corvino is playing guitar with the Kellie Campbell trio, you will thank me!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Went there with a group of friends. This was my first visit, but others have been there and have only had positive experiences. I wish I could write a positive one, but Kunkel's did all they could to prevent it. If I rated them just on my meal and my experience it would only be 2 stars. Others did enjoy their food. My wife had crab cakes and loved them although the serving was incredibly small. Server was nice and friendly, but service was incredibly slow even though the place was less than half filled. Everything took forever - to get water, to get water filled, to get bread, between courses, etc. We shared a few appetizers and they good. I had the Steak Sinatra. Sauce was different, but good. The steak was possibly the worst steak I've had (certainly in the top 3). Sometimes you get a steak that you could cut with a butter knife, but this was more in the category of a chain saw. Flavorless, but worse was that it had so much gristle that I could barely find a piece that was edible. I left 2/3rds. I would have said something if it were just my wife and I, but I didn't want to make an issue since we were with a larger group. Adding to the night was that the temperature in the restaurant was very hot.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

This was our second visit to Kunkel's and both visits have been very enjoyable! Always forget that it is BYOB, though! The restaurant was nicely decorated for the holidays with a fire in the front fireplace as well. Service was good and our waitress worked very hard to assure that our meal was not delayed by a larger party of ten at a nearby table.

We both ordered the filet mignon and they were cooked to perfection (medium rare and medium well). Steamed green beans were excellent. We ordered the "Decadent Chocolate Cake for 2(if you dare)" to go... it was the only disappointment as it certainly was not extra large for 2, but it was heavy and 'decadent'.

Will definitely be returning to Kunkel's!