“Cute whistle stop cafe in Haddon Heights”
Review of Station House

Station House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Cute little corner eatery on the main street of downtown Haddon Heights which is on Station Ave. It sits directly across from the railroad tracks and a small old station house I believe. Street and side parking, it was a little tough to find a parking spot on a rainy morning. We had a lovely breakfast, usual fare but it was served hot and freshly made, it was very good. Staff was busy and friendly. Atmosphere was cozy with some antiques and folk art scattered throughout. We bought a gift card for a family member. We will definitely be returning as it was a nice little spot carved out in a nice little town.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Four of us went for Fathers Day breakfast. We were seated in a very warm room towards the back. It took about 10 minutes to get my coffee and about 25 minutes before someone took our order. Our first waitress was extremely overwhelmed. It was obvious and I felt bad for her. It took awhile for the meals to come out, but again, it's Fathers Day so a little expected. Several of us said our shoes were sticking to the floor while walking around and even being seated. When we went to leave, my Dad was stuck to his seat. The restaurant is very worn and dirty in spots. I'd hate to see the kitchen. My French toast was ok, but my husband said his omelette was really wet and runny. Eventually a new waitress began taking care of us about 1/2 through the meal. Both girls were very nice but this one seemed to be having a better day. I used the restroom which was absolutely disgusting. It's filthy and brought being stuck to the floor to a whole new level. Our check never arrived and we were there almost 2 hours at this point. I had to go ask for it. Our original waitress said I'll bring it out, it still didn't come. Then I was told that they couldn't find it. One of the girls yelled out a price. I said no, I want to see a check. They printed a new one and I paid. Needless to say we won't be back.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

My husband and I went here for lunch. We had a Living Social coupon that cost me $8.00 for $20.00 worth of food.
The place was not busy, 4 tables were occupied plus one group of 10. The place is very old looking, but very clean. The menu is pretty basic, with salads, wraps, burgers and clubs. They serve breakfast all day. We enjoyed looking out the big window in the front.
I had a turkey club mainly because it said "real turkey breast". My husband had a Southwestern panini. (BBQ seasoned tenders, crisp bacon and Cheddar Jack cheese)
We arrived at 12:00 and ordered by 12:10. Our did not arrive until 12:40 and my husband had the totally wrong sandwich. We sent it back and the right one arrived in another 5 minutes. I felt the sandwiches were average. My turkey club was just turkey lunch meat with bacon, lettuce and mayo. There was no cheese on it and it was pretty dry. My husband's said his sandwich was good, but the bacon was missing and we did not want to send it back again. Our server said that it took so long because they had a party of 10 and the regular cook was not there.
Our bill was only $3.73 because of the coupon, so we left 10 bucks and called it a day.
If I had to choose between The Station House and Chilies. I think I would go for the chain restaurant. This place needs to find something to set it apart and some reason for customers to come back. There was nothing special about it.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

We visited here for lunch. We both ordered paninis from the lunch menu and they were absolutely delicious. They come with a choice of chips, fries or pasta salad. We both ordered the fries which were tasty and hot. The restaurant serves breakfast all day too.
There are several dining rooms. We were seated in the one to the left (as you walk in the front door) which faces the street corner. This was a bright pleasant room and is my favorite.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We started with the Sin A Bun. Cinnabon has NOTHING on this!! It was amazing. My girlfriend had Pumpkin Spice Coffee. She thought it was just ok. However, I had the Orange Spice Tea…and it was really good. She tasted it and ended up ordering one as well. For breakfast, she had the Combo 1, which consisted of Sausage and Gravy Biscuit, Bacon, Eggs and Home Fries. I had the Combo 2, which consisted of Turkey Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Hot Cakes and Home Fries. We both LOVED our meals. My Scrambled Eggs were just ok. Other than that, we were more than pleased. Brittney, our server, was excellent. She was very attentive and pleasant. Look forward to returning.