Review Highlights
Great Getaway

I stayed at Grand Cascades and enjoyed every moment of my stay. The staff was amazing and may I end... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sharigna
via mobile
Won't be returning

Reviewed 23 March 2021
148kristinep

All reviews full kitchen indoor pool wine cellar great weekend black beans golf club can't wait to go back new jersey reflections spa biosphere fireplace balcony lodge nj sauna nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we book a weekend at jersey resort and there was limited accommodation for dinner which had being book month ago for outsiders and when ordering online for dinner, you had to go pick it up which is unbelievably poor management.
they mention horse back hiring on there AD and there also was book,, poor management leaving outsiders more choices then the people booking rooms in crystal springs.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Extremely overpriced for the service and food . The manager at the Kites restaurant was beyond rude . We are told the pool was at capacity and could no longer accept anyone else. Will never go back . I could have flown my family to florida for the same price and much better experience

Reviewed 28 March 2021

The resort outdoor is beautiful and upon approaching was expecting a great time to celebrate my birthday, however was very disappointed when we arrived.

Everything my girlfriend was told would be available
Upon booking was either not available or not accessible once checked in.
We were told there were 9 different restaurants on site and even an upscale four star restaurant, however frlm
Tuesday to Friday there was only one place to eat and not to mention the menu is very limited.
Almost everything needed reservations which we were not informed and there were not many fun adult activities available. I was truly disappointed

Reviewed 23 March 2021

Stayed March 12 -14th and did not have the trip we had hoped for. Won't be going back. I must say that the resort is beautiful, and the rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated. We also ran into 2 employees who were exceptional. Honey, who happily guided us to the buffet with 10 minutes left of the time period (and after being told by concierge that we'd missed it and lost our $30 credit), and Chris at the (gorgeous) pool who opened the slide early and seems to love his job.
Our first big disappointment came after making an early phone call to reserve a spot for my daughter and I for goat yoga, and for my daughter and husband for axe throwing. We were given a time slot for axe throwing but were told a reservation wasn't needed for goat yoga. Well, unfortunately,
after planning our day around these 2 events and showing up at the Mineral Hotel for goat yoga, we were told by the front desk there that a reservation was indeed needed, and it was now full. I called so early to make a reservation and was told one wasn't needed, you can imagine our disappointment. I phoned the activities number and spoke with Heather who was very apologetic and said she would have a manager call me. An hour later I received a call from a manager, I wish I heard her name, who said she'd 'listened to the recording and something must have happened to the phone connection when you said goat yoga because I only heard yoga and you don't need reservations for regular yoga.' I didn't think about it quickly enough but afterwards I wish I'd asked her to hear this recording myself because I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY said goat yoga.
Already having been to the pool that morning, there wasn't too much else to do so we tried 'Glice skating' for $25pp. Don't waste your time or money. It is nothing like ice and your 'skates' are more inclined to go sideways than forward. There's no ridges to push off from on the skates either so even going forward isn't easy. We got off after 10 minutes, biggest waste of $50. It would have been nice to have been compensated for that given the yoga fiasco.
Finally, we go to the Saturday evening dinner and a show. When making those reservations and finding out it was $49pp ($150 for the 3 of us and my daughter eats nothing but French fries) I mentioned it was a little expensive, and the reservations agent said that it was buffet and open bar. I figured maybe a drink or 2 between my husband and I would make the cost worth it so I booked.
We arrived to find a 'Cash bar' sign at the bar! I spoke with the bartender and the host who could of course do nothing. Crystal Springs got us again. Three times and you're out. We will not be revisiting. Split Rock resorts in the Poconos is so much better for your money.

1  Thank 148kristinep
Reviewed 18 March 2021

My daughters and my grandchildren were there this past weekend, we have not gone away since last year and we were looking forward to this short weekend. Upon arrival the room my room was not ready until after 4:15 while waiting with my 2 year old granddaughter. After that we went to use the pool and like the other reviews had to wait. We had to hand carry two strollers and the kids since there was no one to help us by the tiny elevator. Once we were done I went upstairs after my daughter was complaining about loud noise next door to us. I was shocked to hear a bunch of drunk women who were there for a bachelorette party with loud music. I called to change my room and the next room was missing a remote. When my daughter booked the rooms she asked for them to be next to each other over two months ago! I called downstairs twice for the remote the guy who came up asked for the original remote and I told him it was missing for the second time!!!! This is my first time here and I am not happy. I have traveled all over and never had such a bad experience. They over book not enough room at the pool does not make sense. People have been home for so many months and are looking forward to a good experience. I will never go back to this hotel again!!!!

1  Thank aj4040