See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Had to come to Hammonton for a soccer tournament with my son. I wanted a low cost place to sleep that was close to the turf farms. This place is about 10 minutes away. We broke from the rest of our team who were forced to pay double what we did to stay 40 minutes away. It's an old school motel!! No thrills. It was clean enough and the staff was friendly. If you want the glitz and glam, this is not your motel. Also, stay out of town at night. The local police department seems very interested in those with out of state tags.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 5 October 2016

From here we visited places like Philadelphia, Wharton State Forest/Batsto Village and some seaside places. We stayed two nights. It is out of the way a little bit and away from city traffic. The rooms are clean and staff was friendly. The price is great. In nearby Hammonto are many places for breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I'm one of those kinds of people that's easy to please. I could care less about a room being old. As long as it's clean and safe, I have no issue. I stayed here because I was sent by a business to pick up a boat and I have to room on a budget. Only reason I had to come here was because there are no truck stops nearby and I honestly didn't want to sleep in the back seat of my truck. I have no huge complaints but it seems there is only one ice machine and its small so you have to make sure you get ice early if you need it. I like to fill up a knock off yeti cup when I'm on the road. The real reason I gave it 4 stars is because you can tell this place likes to stretch a penny but again, you always get what you pay for. I also don't think this is a good place to bring kids. They would (and you) would go insane from nothing to do.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Mitch C
Reviewed 17 June 2016

well , i stay at alot of motels in my line of work , so this one is really nothing to write home about , no pool , no stores close, wawa is about 6 miles away , so bring drinks and munchies with you , plan on driving to eat , or anything else . rooms were clean enough , but the furnishings were outdated , except for the flat screen on the wall , WI-FI sucks , had to use my own due to the signal dropping out every 5 minutes . If you just want to sleep and shower , go for it , if you are on vacation and want to have any fun ? find somewhere else , closer to amenities , and if you have kids ? forget it , i would NOT stay here unless you want them to be in the room all the time , this is better for sleeping on your way somewhere else , or cheating on your spouse , cause nobody way out here is going to see you . I have had worse , but have had better , on a scale of 1 to 10 , this would be a 5 . except for the desk clerk , he was a very friendly person, helpful and courteous .

Room Tip: ground floor rooms in front have hardly any space to park , will end up parking car away from room driveway is horrible , worse in back
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Arkansas M
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We needed one night's lodging to attend an event in the area. There is not a lot of choice in the Hammonton area. This Rodeway appears to be an older motel converted to the Rodeway brand.

The outside of the hotel is being painted and the room was very basic but clean. The driveway is not well marked and a bit difficult to locate in the dark. Check in was efficient, although I didn't like having my driver's license copied when I provided my ID. I asked for the copy back at check out & since we are Choice Priviliges members it was returned. This is the 2nd time a Rodeway has copied my license. The higher end hotels in the Choice chain do not require this. This lends itself to identity theft and we plan on steering away from Rodeways in the future, since this seems to be their policy.

The room had a fridge & microwave, no hair dryer or coffee maker. We asked if there was morning coffee in the lobby & the clerk made us a pot in the back of the front desk.

The rate was extremely reasonable which I think is what led to our main concern about this motel. Some of the guests seem to be long term residents and we encountered a few sketchy individuals. After turning it at about 9:45 PM we spent the next hour or two listening to an extremely loud and expletive laden argument between two men in a nearby room. It not only kept us from sleeping but was upsetting to listen to. The proprietor seemed to be a genuinely nice man and keeps the property up, but unfortunately the clientele does not make this a motel suitable for tourists or families.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family