“So disappointed...”
Review of Smashburger

Smashburger
Ranked #15 of 26 Restaurants in Hightstown
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I've been to several Smashburgers and have always had a good experience, until today. Lunch time during spring break is not the time to only have one register open and one cook working.

Both my burger and my daughter's were charred so bad she couldn't even eat hers. I would have asked for a new one for her, but it already took them 35 minutes to get our lunch to begin with and my 3 year old couldn't wait anymore. I also had a milkshake ordered that I never got, but at this I don't even care.

I understand that everyone has a bad day every now and again, but EVERY customer in this place was inconvenienced in one way or another. One guy even threatened to call the police.

Needless to say, I won't be returning to this Smashburger.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Another entry to the land of burgers and fries. But this time, the burger variations may make your head spin. Fries are the recommended item, if you're a fries person.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

This location is recently under new management which is a good because I didn't think it was going to last with the previous owners. The burgers are very good and the sides are plentiful. The frizzled onions and sweet potato fries are delicious. If you are in the mood for a salad, they have several options to choose from and come in a very large uniquely designed bowl filled to the top. If you are traveling on the Route 130 corridor it's conveniently located in the shopping plaza with the Staples past Princeton-Hightstown Road. I would recommend that you bring a jacket because the place, for some unknown reason, is always freezing!!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I had purchased a groupon on the net being that this was a new eatery in the neighborhood and took advantage of it on a Saturday night. Frist of all if you have a groupon you cannot fill it out online so you have to call in your order which I did since I wanted to take out. The menu is not that extensive in the way of choices but there are so many options on how you want your meal, so many add ons !
I called in my order and asked to pick it up 25 minutes later. I drove to Smashburger expecting to just pay for it and go...that's where the kinks need to be worked out. On this particular Saturday night there was only 1 cashier taking orders for those that chose to eat in and although I noticed a register in a corner for take outs I still had to wait on the line with the other customers placing their orders ! I waited about 20minutes before I got the head of the line. I had to give them my name and my order was called up, albeit there was a burger too many in the order that had to be removed.
I then had to wait yet another 10minutes for what I assume was to put my order together !! What was the point of my calling and telling them a time frame ?
When the large bag came out the order had to be looked at since the extra burger was in the bag and fries were missing.
I must say when I got home and sat to eat everything we had ordered we were quite impressed. The food was delicious ! We have also eaten at Bobby Flays and there is no comparison. Everything was cooked perfectly and the shakes were great !
My major complaint is that this place is understaffed and more so for a Saturday night. There were a number of people eating at the restaurant and there was no one to clean off the tables. There was one girl who was doing it all. Between taking care of orders and taking care of the floor, answering questions and answering the phone.
I can honestly say that this is a definite go to place for a burger just the way you like it but if there isnot sufficient staff no one will appreciate having to wait so long for a meal and clean off tables in order to find a place to sit.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Located in Windsor plaza, this is a fast food restaurant, except that your food is brought to the table and trash removed after you leave. Simple decor, but clean. The burgers are cooked to order and tasty. They also serve thin and tasty french fries. It was not crowded at lunchtime, a surprise given the quality of the food and the fact that most of the fast food burger places in the area were full. Prices are comparable to other fast food chains. The sign on the door said "under new management," which might mean that an earlier version was not successful.

1  Thank Stanner57