“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Top Notch stay! We had the “Cozy Room” and it was just that! Rooms were super clean, enjoyed the mini bar options, restaurants were great. We loved the “living room” and service was a bit slow, but it wasn’t terrible. Good location also.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing your comments. I am so happy to hear that you were so impressed with your accommodations. Cleanliness is a top priority we take very seriously at W Hoboken and I’m delighted to hear you recognized this during your stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with my Style team who will not doubt be happy to hear this. I must apologize for the subpar service you received in our Living Room. This is certainly not typical at our hotel and I have shared your comments with our team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to welcome you back to W Hoboken again soon. -Pedro D, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
NJ
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at the W hotel hoboken at a Saturday night.

Got a great view room, however, the size is too small. I can see the midtown sunset especially the empire state building.

Location wise it is a great choice, and every close to many restuarant.

The check-in waiting time is too long though, for me, it took about 70 mins when I got there around 3:00pm

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our prime location, as well as the fabulous NYC view from the comfort of your guest room. I fully appreciate your comments regarding the size of your guest room and extend my apologies if this was smaller than what you expected. We do offer several room options including our Fantastic Suite rooms which offer additional space and may be a more suitable option for future visits. Thank you again and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

W is located right on the Hudson. Most rooms have a great view of Manhattan. Valet parking is $35/night. Staff are great - provide high quality service with a smile. Hotel has a very modern look inside (standard W). The steak house is supposed to be very nice, but I didn't try it. Rooms were a good size - much larger than Manhattan. Modern decor in the room - light across bed head, reading lights on side of bed, glass shower, nice supplies, good thick towels, large round seat by the window, full wall mural. King size bed with good supportive mattress, comfortable pillows and quality sheets. Carpet was very clean. Hotel is a 3 minute walk to Washington St, where there are a lot of restaurants and shops- completely safe to walk at night. there were a fair amount of police patrolling Washington St on foot.
The only negative to report is sound between rooms - can hear tv and people talking. Clientele are more mature so it wasn't a big deal.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When we booked, the hotel sent a confirmation with an option to upgrade to a room with a Manhattan v...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous W Hoboken experience. It's always great hearing such great feedback from our guests, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and the phenomenal views from the comfort of your guest room. The City of Hoboken offers an array of dining and entertainment options, and it's great to see you were able to take advantage of this during your visit. I truly appreciate your valuable feedback about the noise and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you again for your stay-Hope to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed there not expecting much of a view since it was a last minute reservation. Was pleasantly surprise to have one and incredible it was especially at night. Staff is incredible warm, welcoming and friendly. My only complaint was the tiny hair dryer in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! We love to provide our guests with truly memorable experiences at W Hoboken and I’m happy to hear we were such a great surprise to you! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your guest room as well as the amazing views of New York City! I must apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the hair dryer and appreciate your valuable feedback. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff really elevates the hotel experience at this W to a luxury level. Special mention to the bellmen, front desk & the housekeeping staff for their charm, efficiency & competence.

We had a room with a view of the river & the Manhattan skyline that was simply breathtaking. If your budget allows for this upgrade by all means do it. Bedding & room amenities were first rate.

Reasons for 4 stars instead of 5?
- Shower control was not quite right; went from warm to boiling hot with no in-between.
- Can get very noisy on Friday & Saturday nights - Hoboken is a young town & there can be lots of hallway yelling as these guests make their way from elevator to room.
- Internet access fee
- Alarm went off at 7 am Saturday morning, the problem was I could barely hear the alarm. The announcement stating all clear was much much louder. That's a little disturbing. If I need to evacuate I want to know.

Even with these issues I cannot wait to return to this W location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pookala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
1.8 km away
1.4 km away
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!