“Great for children of all ages”

Liberty Science Center
Ranked #6 of 49 things to do in Jersey City
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 30 March 2018

It was very busy on a Saturday morning but the kids in our group enjoyed themselves. There are activities for toddlers up to children of all ages. I even learned some things in the energy section.

The aquariums were especially interesting.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"nyc skyline"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Liberty Science Center is an excellent place to take children, especially with the growing emphasis on STEM in schools. Be sure to leave plenty of time for your visit, because you'll fine one interesting thing after another. The IMAX movie theater is lots of fun, too. And be sure to take in the Planetarium show.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

You will have a blast here!! My family loves it. Lots to do and you also learn alot of cool things!!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for a few hours after a Saturday morning in the city. Fortunately we didn’t waste a whole trip up here for this garbage. I won’t go back, however I think my wife bought a membership to hopefully come back on a day without crowds. Star Trek exhibit was the main draw for us and I was embarrassed for LSC, worn out displays, some not functional. I’m still here and I can’t wait to leave. Terrible.

1  Thank LlewellynWest
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We hadn’t been to the Liberty Science Center in almost 20 years and decided to give it a try.

Tip #1: If you can buy the tickets online, do so and save 30 minutes or more of waiting in line.

We did some of the permanent hands-on exhibits prior to our planetarium presentation. You might get a little dizzy. Just close your eyes or focus on a single point (somewhat like twirling while dancing). Very knowledgeable presenter and entertaining. We also had a proposal at the end of the show which was fun for the couple.

Had a great time with family even though some of the exhibits weren’t working. Come early to avoid the crowds.

1  Thank WildmanWong