I have stayed in a lot of hotels / motels in the last 35 years, this has got to be the second worst!!! (see my review of the hotel in Kiev!!)
The motel is right on a very busy street. Honking and other car sounds ALL NIGHT!!! First shock is the lobby. Very dingy, unkept and bedraggeld.
The room hast got to be one of the smallest ever, very strange smell when entering it. The furniture ist early salvation army or worse. Loose cables hanging from the wall.
The "complementary breakfast" does not deserve the name. The "orange juice" is orange colored something, definitely not juice. Then there is the choice between corn flakes or fruit loops. If you don't like cereals, you are pretty much "up the creek". If you like sugar loaded factory pastry, there is a choice of 2 (two) different ones.
Silly things like bagels (or even bread!!) are not available. So you are right to assume that there is no butter, cream cheese or jam. (The manager was eating cold pizza slices at 7am, so he is obviously no gourmet!!)
What the totaly blotchy and spotted ironing board was doing in the room, is unclear. The iron looked ok, but I would put none of my cloth on that board!!!
Only plus: The shower worked pretty well, the water was hot. Except for the garbage left behind by the previous occupant, the bathroom was acceptable.
IN SHORT: AVOID THIS PLACE. Any review better than 1 star has got to be written by the management or family!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 Miles from New York City, Manhattan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Inn Jersey City Hotel Jersey City
- Jersey City Red Carpet Inn
- Rodeway Inn Jersey City, New Jersey