“Dinner”
Review of Lighthorse Tavern

Lighthorse Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Lighthorse Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 636 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Morris Street
Transit: Light Horse Tavern is conveniently situated next to several public transit stops. The Essex Street stop on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail is two blocks from the restaurant. The Exchange Place Path station is a 10 minute walk. The Paulus Hook Ferry terminal is a 10 minute walk. The Grove Street Path station is a 15-20 minute walk.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had been here before awhile ago and had enjoyed the skirt steak. Last night we started with the grilled shrimp, I had the fish and chips. He had the grilled branzino. We both enjoyed our meals. I would recommend reservations as it gets crowded. It is a little pricey which is why I would give it only 4 stars.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Went over the weekend with friends and family- about six of us all over the area came there to meet for dinner. Before making the reservation we called and asked if they can accommodate two of the guests with food allergies- they said yes.
We get to the restaurant and again to the host we explain the allergies, then about 2 to 3 times to the server. He even went back to the kitchen to check on the dish that was in question for my friend's food allergy.
She ate about 3/4 of her meal and realized there was gluten in the meal after we reiteratd it about 6 to 7 times throughout the night.
The server was apologetic as he keyed in the allergies for both me and my friend however management didn't apologize, he came over and asked her IF SHE WANTED ANOTHER DISH!!! She has a severe gluten allergy, she was already not feeling good as you could see in her face she was scared and hes asking her to eat more?!? The only thing he did was take her food off the bill, no one came back to check on her or apologize again. I have had a couple times in my life where a kitchen didn't pay attention to the allergies but this was by far the worst i've seen with a management handling such a major screw up. will never go back to this restaurant and definitely will not be recommending it.

1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Very friendly people who made us feel very welcome. We just went i for a drink and my daughter was singing along to some of the songs ten other joined in.it was good fun

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This place is perfect for a business lunch or friends / family dinner. A dont miss in Jersey City resturaunts. Bill, the owner, is fantastic.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed dinner and a few beers with a friend here recently. The Lighthorse is tad more refined and elegant than most bars in the area, and actually had someone playing the baby grand piano when we were in. Decent beer selection, particularly in bottles, and the bar staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I tried the meatloaf, which came wrapped in bacon, and was bursting with rich flavours, just as I like it.