Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$131
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$211
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$287/night.

Hyatt House Jersey City(Jersey City)
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
US$144
US$189
US$152
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Restaurant
US$103
Haiban Inn(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$100
1,567 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treefront deskpath trainnew yorkcorner suitejunior suitegrocery storeshuttle servicelight railminute walkfree shuttleinto nycupon checksofa bedtwo blocksroom was spacious
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

If I drive to NYC, this is my preferred hotel because I never like to drive into Manhattan. It is located about 2 blocks away from the path train (about 10 min walk) and right next to Newport Mall, which is a perfect place to shop and find various places to eat. They provide parking with a fee; self-parking is $25 a day ($28.75 with taxes) and it comes with in and out access, which I find it to be reasonable compared to parking in NYC. They also provide valet parking.

The staff always makes sure that your stay is going well by sending you a text a few hours after check in. The continental breakfast is good, but you have to pay (it is free for Hilton Honors gold and Diamond members). The rooms are nice and spacious and contain fridges, which regular Hilton brand hotels don't. The Doubletree provides city-view rooms, which I don't think are worth the premium as you are only getting a view of the edge of downtown NYC, not the skyline people expect with the Empire Building and such.

I intend to return to this location when I drive back for business.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were in town for wedding and the check in was outstanding even though there were 4 other weddings the same day and 4 the next day. The room was large and very comfortable We stayed 2 nights 50 rooms had been reservedand we heard no complaints. The bar and resturant staff were wsome. Would sty ther again

Room Tip: If you need a room for the handicap just request one best if before or after you make the reservaton
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Rashid and Monique make business happen in a flash! Consider staying here instead of NYC, easy jump on The Path subway puts you there or The New World Trade Center.

The Cookie came and Conquered Again... Great Job DoubleTree!

Very Satisfied Hilton Honors Gold Member

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We enjoyed our four-night stay at the Doubletree Jersey City.

The best feature for us was the proximity to NYC via the PATH train. While the train service was inconsistent and we had some long waits, it was still much better/easier than driving, and also far better than the NYC subways.

The room itself was quite nice, with a great view of NYC. The housekeeping was excellent, and everything was very clean and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the seperate living area, but found it strange that the walls separating the room did not go all the way up to the ceiling.

I have to say that the breakfast was not very good at all. While the spread was extensive, items like fruit and pastries were not very fresh or tasty. One morning they had good yogurt parfaits, but not the other mornings...so it was a bit inconsistent. Also annoying was that I would present my breakfast voucher to one of the staff upon entering the breakfast area, and every day would be asked by one or 2 other staff people whether I had a voucher. One morning, I was even chased back to the elevator by a staff person looking for my voucher. So, clearly some confusion with that process.

The staff experience was a bit mixed. Some of the front desk staff were excellent, giving us directions, recommendations, etc. that were very much appreciated. Others, including the valets seemed a bit lazy when we asked for help. I opted for valet parking, and it turned out I didn't actually use my car until leaving the hotel on the last day. But we did need to get items from the car a few times, and the valets were quite unhelpful - just pointing us to the car.

Overall though, we had quite an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank tadak
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The hotel was in a great location and had access to the PATH, restaurants and other activities within walking distance. While the room seemed a bit worn, it was spacious and did the trick. The staff did a great job of answering our questions and never gave the feeling thay they get asked these questions day after day, as I imagine they do -- they were all so friendly. Breakfast was really good and even the kids looked forward to it!! We'd definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton