“Fantastic Birthday Dinner”

Lambertville Station Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lambertville Station Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Lambertville
Price range: US$11 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lambertville New Hope Bridge
Description: Lambertville STation Restaurant has been serving American Cuisine in a landmark building for over 36 years. Located on the banks of the Delaware River in a refurbished train station. Choose fromdining outside overlooking the Delaware Canal in season, inside in ove of mony dining rooms or in the Wine Cellar. Each have a unique ambience. We source many ingredients locally and prepare items with the highest quality ingredients. Some Station specialties are New Zealand Rack of Lamb with almond mint pesto, Scallops and Shrimp over lobster risotto, and our hand crafted Crab Cakes. Enjoy a variety of tapas, flatbreads, cheese, homemade chocolates, and an extensive wine list in the Wine Cellar.
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My husband took me out for birthday dinner at the Lambertville Station Restaurant and I don't know why we didn't come here sooner. He had prepared me for a wild game menu and it really was much easier to order from than what I was expecting. Getting ready for the holidays I did not want to blow my calories off the charts, so I was very happy to see the entry for sirloin steak and iceburg wedge. I was delighted the steak was cooked to perfection and it was tender, juicy and delicious. My wedge was not overdone with "bad toppings" but had the dressing on the side and overall I stayed within my calorie limit all while being very satisfied! They knew it was my birthday and the chef sent a chocolate dish for dessert to share and it was AMAZING! The staff was attentive and friendly. The ambience was perfect - even when it's cold outside. I would recommend this place for a special night or just an ordinary Wednesday.

Rose C, Owner at Lambertville Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Patricia, we are so glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us! The steak and wedge is a great light alternative to other menu items. Incase you didn't know, all the chocolates are made by chef Brian!
So glad you shared your experience.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

It was our anniversary, so I decided to surprise my wife with lunch. I've heard so many great things about this place. If you plan on going, call ahead to reserve a spot or go to open table so you don't have to wait. It does get very busy as this is a popular eating spot. Also there is a outside eating area and you can't reserve through open table. If you'd like to eat outside it's a separate hostess station and waiting list.
I recommend the lobster bisque, large chunks of lobster in every spoonful. Next time I'll get a bowl instead of a cup, it was that good. My wife had the butternut squash soup, and really enjoyed it.
Our lunch consisted of pulled pork sandwich, nothing to write home about, but okay. My wife had the Thai chicken sandwich which was full of flavor, well seasoned, moist and melted like a filet mignon with every bite.
For dessert we shared the chocolate cake with chocolate ganache frosting. This is for all chocolate lovers. Not too sweet, moist and tasty.
We'd recommend this place to anyone, and we will be back to try other menu items and do dinner next time.

Rose C, Owner at Lambertville Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your surprise anniversary lunch! We appreciate the kind words and will share with our team. I will also share your comment regarding the pulled pork sandwich with our executive chef so he can ensure that the flavor is more consistent.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Maybe it was the night--a Sunday--but the noise level of this restaurant is the only thing I will remember about this restaurant. There are two levels to this restaurant so perhaps the 2nd floor has better acoustics. If so, request seating upstairs. There are too many good restaurants in Lamberville to put up with the noise level.

Rose C, Owner at Lambertville Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Hello,
We are so sorry that the noise level presented a problem on your most recent visit. The Platform dining area, as you know, is three sides glass and the fourth side is the old exterior stone wall fro the original train station. Although the glass provides a beautiful view of the canal and town, it unfortunately creates a noisier environment. May I suggest one of our other dining venues in the future, the Victorian Lounge and our Third Floor Dinning Rooms. I appreciate your comments and plan to share with the owners to discuss ways to alleviate some of the noise with sound panels in the Platform Dining area.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Very good dinner, attentive service and inviting surroundings.
Enjoyed strolling around restaurant in the Station.
Very comfortable, would return.

Rose C, Owner at Lambertville Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Thank you Ricardo for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Whenever I visit Lambertville/New Hope area, I stay at the Lambertville Station Inn. Besides its own qualities, an advantage of this location is that it is adjacent to one of my favorite restaurants in Bucks County, the Lambertville Station Restaurant where I always have my first meal when I visit this area. Managed expertly by Sebastian (Jim) Hall, this establishment serves quality cuisine in an elegant atmosphere adjacent to the Delaware River. My server tonight was the lovely Megan who provided expert guidance on my food and wine choices. I started with an excellent Prosecco with a perfect Caesar Salad (topped of course with anchovies). This was followed by a pepper crusted pork mignon wrapped with house-smoked bacon, served with sweet spicy tomato chutney and herb roasted potatoes. I love beef, but when properly prepared, I believe pork tenderloin is superior. And this dish proved the point. Executive Chef Chris Beall is a master at crafting such simple but elegant dishes. Together with a high-end & luscious Elk Cove Pinot Noir, the meal was a perfect welcome back to this great area. I was too full for dessert, but Megan offered me a complimentary selection of chocolates (crafted by sous chef Bryan Kamich) that made a perfect finale to a great evening.

Steve,
Thank you so very much for all your kind words! We so appreciate you taking the time to write not only such an outstanding review, but the level of detail you shared truly gives others a clear picture of what to expect when they dine with us.
I will be sure to share your comments with both my executive chef and my entire team. THanks for the shout out to Megan; she is a true professional.